Sign in with
Your question

Connect to two networks; one for internet, one for sharing files.

Last response: in Networking
August 29, 2010 9:14:44 PM

Hello,

I have two networks running in my home. I want to add the ability to share files across networks without physically switching between two. All machines are running windows 7.

Ideal Scenario:
Start with networks A & B. Computers on network A maintain internet via network A and have access to shared resources on network A & B. Computers on Network B maintain internet via network B and have access to shared resources on network B & A.

Is there a simple way of doing this?
September 1, 2010 3:00:10 PM

In order to share files between two networks on the smae LAN you have to do routing table by loging into your router web base interface. You will need the subnet mask of each subnet/network. How many hosts does each subnet supports?
m
l
Related resources
September 2, 2010 10:16:45 PM

Okay. how do I find out how how many hosts each supports?
m
l
September 12, 2010 12:00:40 PM

dse879 said:
In order to share files between two networks on the smae LAN you have to do routing table by loging into your router web base interface. You will need the subnet mask of each subnet/network. How many hosts does each subnet supports?

I'm in the exact same situation. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "do routing table", i know how to view my routing table from the command line. Can you give further info?

Each network has no more than 8 devices on it. so the subnets don't have to be too large.
m
l
September 19, 2010 12:07:01 AM

bump...

is there not a simple answer OR instruction set for this question? i'm surprised this hasn't received attention from legit forum posters
m
l
!