Is it okay for the h212 fan to be backwards

Archer011387

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
I am looking at a Hyper 212+ and my concern is that I won't be able to install it because my ram will get in the way.
First question,
Is it okay to only use the DIMM2,3, and 4 slots and not the Dimm1,
IF NOT
will having the fan facing the rear of the case cause any issues?

Thank you!

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Is there an exhaust fan next to your CPU fan? If so, check they're not pulling air away from one another as that'll reduce cooling efficiency (both in your case and for the CPU). If the fan is pulling through the heatsink then performance will be affected as it doesn't have a supply of air from the wider area of the case.

RAM installation will be dependant on your motherboard. However, you need RAM to be paired up...generally DIMM 1 & 3 and then DIMM 2 &4, to get the dual performance. So I think you may be affecting your RAM performance there.

Arhea

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011

Then you may not be able to close the side panel, depending on how much the fan is sticking up. You can check peformance-pcs. they sell some slim 120mm fans that will fit next to the RAM.

Arhea

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Yeah unfortunately for me it wouldn't work with my Zalman Z9 Plus case and Corsair Vengeance RAM - the fan stuck out too far to close the side panel. So I got one of the slim fans and all is good :)