AMD is canceling its next-gen Komodo processor??

AMD already has 8- and 12-core processors, and Komodo would not have been next-generation, simply a Bulldozer refresh.

And the gentleman that penned that article, and his 'unofficial sources' essentially are clueless, invent specs out of nowhere, and are generally full of poo.

megadelayed

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

i know yea, didnt amd announce bulldozer back in the days of the core 2 and the first phenoms, looks like bulldozer really came at bulldozer speeds, i wouldnt be really excited about the future cpu plans, i'll just be excited about the current ones. although they do have good gpu at good prices tho

AMD finally got smart. Stop using all your resources to compete with Intel in desktop cpu's, it's a impossible feat. Besides desktops are a dying breed.

They got smart and started putting all their resources into other markets where they can gain share and make profit, namely low power mobile components with superior graphics and soc's.

Way to go AMD for getting your priorities straight and shipping 12 million APU's in the 2nd quarter alone.

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
My biggest concern if AMD ever where to fall out they would become market leaders thus owning the market, they shall govern there own prices,with no competition on the board we mite face a buyers remorse, if AMD dont pull through =( i still have huge respect for AMD even though i have moved over to a sandybridge setup =(

megadelayed

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

lol i know imagine there was only one cpu making company now atm, we will still be paying something like £1000 for a single core

megadelayed

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
i personally tend to support intel but i am not a fanboy, i will not hesitate to go amd if they offer better performance and efficientcy than intel(like the p4 days) but now if amd's really going a different way then i really don't know what will happen