How to get into Tecra 8000 BIOS screen ?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 9, 2005 1:46:42 PM

Can anybody tell me how to get into the BIOS screen on bootup ?
I tried Esc and F1 - F12 keys but it did not help. Thanx so much.

More about : tecra 8000 bios screen

June 9, 2005 10:03:22 PM

DaBaDee <dabadee2004@yahoo.com> wrote:
: Can anybody tell me how to get into the BIOS screen on bootup ?
: I tried Esc and F1 - F12 keys but it did not help. Thanx so much.

How about the DEL key?

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
a b D Laptop

DaBaDee <dabadee2004@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can anybody tell me how to get into the BIOS screen on bootup ?
> I tried Esc and F1 - F12 keys but it did not help. Thanx so much.

It's Esc. On powerup, hold down Esc until you get the BIOS message.

a b D Laptop
June 10, 2005 3:26:06 AM

On every Toshiba I've seen, you hold down the escape key, but it's not a
single keypress ..... you press it down before you turn on the power,
and continue holding it (don't let up on it) until you get the message
on the screen.

DaBaDee wrote:

> Can anybody tell me how to get into the BIOS screen on bootup ?
> I tried Esc and F1 - F12 keys but it did not help. Thanx so much.

March 8, 2011 12:20:21 PM

I can confirm that for the Toshiba Tecra 8000 Series:

Press down and hold the ESC key and press and release the power button.

The system will respond with an audible beep following the execution of the BIOS startup routines, and the screen will show a message reporting a keyboard error and advising the user to press a function key to enter BIOS system setup.

Release the ESC key and press the specific function key to enter the BIOS system setup.

If the Administrator password has been activated for the machine, the screen will display a password challenge prompt. Specify the password to continue. If the password is not known then the Administrator password will have to be reset to allow access to the BIOS system setup.

C.
!