recently purchased Gateway NV59C (refurbished)running Windows 7. Internet connection is great as long as i don't leave the room where the router (Netgear Wireless G Router WGR614v10) is located. Have had other laptops/ipads in the house and have no trouble connecting from other rooms. Range is not good. Any suggestions?
More about :gateway laptop nv59c stay connected router
December 4, 2010 9:19:29 PM
You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.