Solved

New system suggestions

Hi everyone,

My friend and I are going to build a gaming pc together. He wants to play Shogun 2 and the Witcher 2 on max settings. We both want to play Crysis and Crysis Warhead on Max settings. I want to play GTA IV on maxed settings also. We are going to want to play games at 1920 x 1080 resolution on a 21 in. monitor.

CD drive $17
6870 $165
CPU, HDD, MOBO, and RAM bundle $313
Windows 7 $90
Dell Monitor $150

I don't know much about Wifi cards, but is this one good? Is it fast enough if my router is 60 feet from my computer?
Wifi Adapter $15

I don't know much about motherboards either, if you guys could find me a motherboard that is Asus/MSI that can support Crossfire for the future, that would be great.

Is this a good setup and are there better/cheaper alternatives?
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about system suggestions
  1. Looks good but find a 300 n adapter!

Get a decent psu also!
  2. GOOD one!
  3. Not so sure about that one, I don't know that much about networking. This one guy I know suggested me that one I have in my specs.

What about this?
    http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PCE-N13-Wireless-PCI-Express-External/dp/B0039GVOAM/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1299637892&sr=8-17

Also, my router is about 40-50 feet from my room. Would that make a difference?
  4. Best answer
  5. 4O TO 50 feet is nothing your ok!
  6. I guess I have everything I need to build a computer. I'm going to get 21 inch Dell Monitor.

I'm set?
  7. Best answer selected by kamuran55.
  8. Good luck with the build let me know how it works out!
  9. You might need 2xGPU to play those max settings....but your Motherboard only has 1 PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot, as I add up those prices your total would be $735 why not buy a laptop that cost like $1000 with good specs. Have a look at http://www.eurocom.com/
    EUROCOM FOX 2.0 it has some good specs.

I say its better than a Desktop since I love games I like my machine to be portable.
  10. The last thing I'm going to do is look around for the same parts at different places and compare.

#Skyhide, No, I can't stand laptops. I hate typing on them, screen size. Just no lol.
  11. Looks like it will be a nice rig!
  12. All I hope is that the 6870 comes on time, I need my free Dirt 3 coupon!
  13. Let us know how the build goes!
  14. I hope my graphics card will come before June 30th because it says it Usually ships within 1 to 3 weeks. Then it says Delivery Estimate: June 30, 2011 - July 14, 2011.

I wonder what will happen?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product