Sign in with
Your question

GA-Z77MX-D3H & gtx570 : HDMI feed stopping for 3-4 sec

Last response: in Motherboards
May 28, 2012 12:07:46 AM

Hi, I have build a new PC with all new hardwares and I noticed that in some cases, my monitor looses its HDMI feed for 3-5 sec then comes back as if nothing had happened. I did a bit of search and it looks like it may be related to the audio devices having some kind of conflicts.

Can you guide me into solving this ?

monitor = Viewsonic 24" VX2453mh-LED currently connected though HDMI
MB = Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H bios=F5
memory = 16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mz (currently seen as 1333Mhz)
graphics = EVA 012-p3-1571-AR GTX-570 1280Mb DVI/HDMI, NVidia driver=301.42 (used to be 295 or 296 yesterday)

cases when this happens :
WIndows-7 : games like Half-Life2, Lord of the Rings Online
Ubuntu : happened while I was looking at some OpenGL screensavers preview

I used Eva PrecisionX monitoring tool and did not see anything particular in my GTX while having these issues

In my Device manager, I have a High Definition Audio which is showing as not being able to start on a error=Code-10. I just noticed it is located on the same location as an NVidia High Definition Audio (I have 4 of them). This is the only part in the device manager that is showing somekind of problem. I tried updating it but through the device manager but it did not fixed the Code-10 error.

I installed all the MB drivers from the CD shipped with it.
a b V Motherboard
May 28, 2012 2:22:52 AM

in Post or in entering OS or in OS to see the lost display?
m
l
May 28, 2012 2:31:27 AM

After booting up into windows and when getting to the specic cases provoking it :
WIndows-7 : games like Half-Life2, Lord of the Rings Online
Ubuntu : happened while I was looking at some OpenGL screensavers preview

In WIndows, I have not encountered the problem outside a game. In Ubuntu, it only happened while looking at available OpenGL screensavers. So if I do not go into any of those 2 situations, the problem does not happened. Again, it is a brand new PC built 2 weeks ago. So I did not have time to test every single software.

I switched to DVI and tried my HL2 game. It happened only once after a few minutes of play. I think I could stil hear the sound. I had to stop right there. So I cannot say if it happens as often as with HDMI. I would have to test it further later (not tonight).
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 29, 2012 2:25:21 AM

In my experience playing games, windows automatically tune resolution this way to fit in the optimized game requirement.
m
l
June 1, 2012 2:53:54 PM

BerylLee said:
In my experience playing games, windows automatically tune resolution this way to fit in the optimized game requirement.

But that would not explain why it happened in Linux while looking at OpenGl screensaver perviews.

I switched to DVI connection to see if it happens again. So far no, but I admit I have not done any intensive tests.

I also mentioned in my original thread that I saw people saying Audio driver conflicts between Z77 MB and GTX cards. I have two audo devices who seam to be sharing the same IRQ (NVdia audio device, High definition audio device). The High definition audio device cannot start (code-10) where all the NVidia audio devices have all started and without problems.
m
l
!