Problem with headphones and not the speakers

valaji_hetal

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Hey,
My machine is behaving unusual these days. I have creative 2.1 sbs 370 speakers and when I plug it into the back audio slot of my CPU, it plays perfectly. Moreover, it also works fine in the front slot. But, when I plugin my headphones into the front-slot or back audio slot, it becomes difficult to hear. Rather, I even maxed my system volume and the player volume, but still it sounds too little to be able to hear. But, if the same headphones are listened in any normal music player, then it sounds perfect. So, what is the solution to this. Because, my slots are working perfect (because my speakers runs perfect in any of the slot) and also my headphones runs perfect. please help me out.

Regards,
HP

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Could be a sound output setting like maybe its set to output audio on a 2.1 channel output like your speakers are. Your headphones should be setup up as a standard channel headphone setup, have you gone into your audio controlling software and looked at the outputting?

valaji_hetal

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

Hey,
I have checked that application, but couldn't find anything helpful.

popatim

Titan
It sounds like you have the system setup for speakers (ie the internal amp is off and the card is outputing standard audio line-out voltages) and you need to switch to headphones to activate the built in amp to drive the headphones.

valaji_hetal

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

I can't understand. Can u plz explain in simple language what to do now?

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
There has to be output settings in that configuration you have overlooked, thats the only thing that makes sense right now post an image of the audio software you are using on the audio port configuration, i should be able to guide you from there.

valaji_hetal

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

Hey,
This is the one:

valaji_hetal

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

Hey man, just click on the image and open it in a new window.

valaji_hetal

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

Hey, these are just normal computer headphones, which were working fine on the same machine.

valaji_hetal

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

Yup, the same headphones works perfectly on other machines and also on the ipods and music players. If you think that ther's something wrong with drivers, then why do speakers work perfectly. Please provide the solution, if u have any.