99% Activity

jehuty1

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Hey guys, I'm having a little issue with me graphics card here, and I was wondering if you had an idea what I can do about it. It seem randomly every other day my GFX card gets stuck on 99% usage in CCC. I have an ATI 5870 1GB, and there hasnt been an issue yet with it. Is it possible there's a program I can use to see if there is something using up all my GFX card's activity. It's a little more complicated than that as well -- My GFX card doesn't ever get hot when its like this. If I reach 99% in game, my temps reach the 70c's, but like this its never more than 55c. I never can tell when its happening until I start a game and it shuts down all my monitors and brings them up again. I have 3x 23" monitors, and when I game, it shuts down my right one, then mid, and finally the left. Then it turns them back on in that order, and then the game starts. Its the same when I leave the game as well. And its not just a quick restart of the monitors. When they're down, they stay down for almost 20 sec before restarting. My GFX drivers are up to date as well. Thanks for the help.

jehuty1

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
It's interesting that I haven't experienced this issue until just a couple weeks ago, but the issue has been going on for so long. I wonder if I had something installed just a couple of weeks ago that so many people already had, like FF4. Has there been any sort of an ETA on a fix from ATI?