M700 Owners - Can you answer a Question Please?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 9, 2005 9:22:01 PM

I originally bought a used Compaq M700 P11-366 laptop last Xmas. It ran hot
and would reboot. I then noticed the fan wasn't always working. I replaced
the fan and no difference. I found that if I applied a ground to one of the
wires the fan would run and did until the MB started dieing.

I just obtained another M700 P11-366 MB and installed it and again the fan
that came with this MB would sometimes run. Last night I had it on for a
couple of hours and although extremely warm if worked well.

The question is does the fan in your M700 run all the time?

Thanks

Brian
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 10, 2005 12:19:12 AM

Nope my fine does not run much. However, the cpu is clocked down and
rarely goes above 1GHz. I thought this was the reason it did not run.
I have a two year warranty so I should see quickly if there is a
problem.

Hope this is not a problem. I will install something tonight to check
the temps.

Thanks for the post.

Amyotte> I originally bought a used Compaq M700 P11-366 laptop last
Amyotte> Xmas. It ran hot and would reboot. I then noticed the fan
Amyotte> wasn't always working. I replaced the fan and no difference.
Amyotte> I found that if I applied a ground to one of the wires the
Amyotte> fan would run and did until the MB started dieing.

Amyotte> I just obtained another M700 P11-366 MB and installed it and
Amyotte> again the fan that came with this MB would sometimes run.
Amyotte> Last night I had it on for a couple of hours and although
Amyotte> extremely warm if worked well.

Amyotte> The question is does the fan in your M700 run all the time?

Amyotte> Thanks

Amyotte> Brian
!