Ram card problem

fujin009

Honorable
May 28, 2012
i have 2 1gb ram card in my motherboard but when i run dxdiag i only have 1022mb ram...it started when i had to remove my ram cards because of having a loose contact on the memory thus unable to boot my sytem..after a few tries on removing the dust and reinserting my ram cards i was able to boot again..but i noticed its very much slower than before..and i have this game when i ran it, it says i only have 1gb ram or less which makes the game a little unstable..but before the problem it never appears..should i make a conclusion that 1 ram card isn't detected by the motherboard?please help on how to fix this..

sorry for the bad english

fujin009

Honorable
May 28, 2012
is there a way to replace the part where you put the ram card?or i have to buy a new motherboard?ive been using my motherboard for 5 years already..so its either replace/buy a new one or new ram card :??: from what im experiencing its damaged..very very damaged though i dont know if its the ram card or the part where you put it,whatever its called.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
The RAM is plugged into the motherboard itself, so no, replacing the part it plugs into is replacing the motherboard.

It couldn't hurt to try reseating it. Also, get a can of compressed air and blow it down into the RAM socket, might be that there's some dust in there.

fujin009

Honorable
May 28, 2012
at least 1 is damaged badly...right now i have 2 of them inserted but only 1 is being used..tested it many times..ram cards still works..tried removing the dust many many times..so i think the other side is damaged..thank you very much for helping me :D...have to replace the motherboard then, works for me mine is pretty old ;)