Sign in with
Your question

Professional Wiring Job. What do you use? Cable Management at its best

Last response: in Systems
June 13, 2011 4:47:05 AM

Hey all,

I am wondering what parts besides zip ties people use in their cable management? I will be building a new computer soon, and I want the inside to be spotless. If you can link to where I can buy what you recommend, you get points for that. Also, if you can show an example in a picture in addition to a link, you will get my A+ rating on my non-existent scale of approval!

What other tips do you guys have? Such as purchasing different lengths of SATA cables?

Anything that will help my build be more professional, I am open to suggestions!

Thanks everyone!
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
June 13, 2011 5:20:39 AM

The side of the case is my number one "secret" for cable management

It should NEVER have a window , and it should always be on
m
l
June 14, 2011 2:32:59 AM

That's not quite the answer I was looking for, but very profound. I suppose you're right as a long as the airflow is sufficient--too bad I'm much to OCD for that.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
June 14, 2011 3:58:05 AM

There was a post somewhere about either the HAF 922 case or the 932, and those were the best insides I've ever seen.

I had already bought that case, and it was pretty easy to get to what I thought of as sufficient.
m
l
June 14, 2011 4:56:15 AM

One of the things I used in my current setup is what apparently is called a "wire saddle."

That, combined with zip ties is what I used. But I was hoping for something additional---something to put it over the top so to speak.

Something perhaps like this:

Not so sure I would go to all the trouble of "sleeving" the wires, because that would be too much work to take apart if I had to replace something.

I guess I was just looking for any other tips besides buying a modular power supply and keeping the extra cables elsewhere.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
June 14, 2011 2:55:19 PM

I try not to use cable ties,too messy imo
but check my signature links for cable stupidity on a couple of builds,
My latest project is a real challenge though, a watercooled In win Dragon rider which I plan on the only cables/hoses you see will be about 4" of each hose from the cpu waterblock, its a build in progress but I'm ordering the Mobo/psu on the 20th so keep an eye there for progress and maybe an idea or two for you to use :) 
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=t...

on rough ideas/tips though,
Cables ties and adhesive anchors for them
electrical tape, I use this to shroud and shape cables, sometime even to hold it in place, (although I'm using fabric tape on the latest build where necessary)
patience
I sit and look at the case with the mobo in, then I can actually visualise what I want hidden then figure the best route to do it,
**Man who stares at P.C.'s** :p 
modular psu, I considered one but the way that the plugs are spread out over the width of the back of them is too much for me, a non modular unit you can bundle them all up all pull them down the side to conceal but then a modular unit you dont have 'spare' cables to hide so its up to you, how bad is your ocd?
mines pretty bad when it comes to computer wires lol

Moto
m
l
June 15, 2011 3:16:44 AM

Maybe I should take a picture of my current build and see what people think of that?

Thanks for the info moto--I'm probably not THAT ocd.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
June 15, 2011 3:48:40 AM

Hehe, I didn't think anyone was lol, but I hope you got some pointers or ideas there, let's have a piccy of your build then and I'll tell you how I'd manage it :-)
Moto
m
l
!