GTX 460 Problem with Monitor

TDZ

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
Hi there, first time poster here!

I just received my EVGA GTX 460. I installed it and everything physical was running fine, but there is something wrong with my monitor compatibility. I have a very old monitor (HP Pavilion f1703) and when I turn my computer on after installing everything, it said something about changing(?) my monitor resolution to 1280x1024@60Hz.

I'm back on my old GFX card now and my current resolution is already at 1280x1024 (which is the max for this monitor). What am I doing wrong here? I don't understand why my monitor isn't connecting to the card. I'm 90% sure my card is installed correctly as well.

I reckon it's about time for me to get a new monitor, but I'm a student and I really can't afford to spend another 150+ on a monitor. So please let me know, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you =)

how are you connecting the monitor to your 460 dvi? vga w/an adapter, either way it might not work, I would get something like this since you are low on cash, it will be worlds better than what you got:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009256

only $110 w/ free shipping right now on the egg, personally I like purchasing from a store like Frys or MicroCenter so if I bring it home and it has a dead pixel I can take it right back (which has unfortunatley happened to me a couple times) but that is nice also to be able to see a demo in person is better than just judging from specs online.

I would try to buy a new monitor anyways becuase a lot of that gtx 460s potential will be held back at 1280X1024, LCDs are really cheap now and for 100 bucks you can have yourself a huge upgrade over what youve got imo.... good luck