Sign in with
Your question

Amd micro-atx / mini-itx mobo

Last response: in Motherboards
May 28, 2012 3:36:09 PM

why there is no "renowed" performance micro-atx / mini-itx mobo on amd side, When i think on intel side i spot 2 of them easy the maximus gene & rampage gene.

so what are my choice to build a micro-atx / mini-itx amd monster ? (gaming and ocing)

More about : amd micro atx mini itx mobo

a b V Motherboard
May 28, 2012 3:42:34 PM

For gaming you would want to go with an Intel processor anyway. Just get an i5 and one of the motherboards you listed.
m
l
a c 266 V Motherboard
a b À AMD
May 28, 2012 4:12:05 PM

There is not a lot of difference between a mainstream motherboard and a "renowned" or "enthusiast" motherboard.
Yes, if you pay a bunch, you can eke out a few more MHZ from a great motherboard. But is it really necessary?

If you want to build a gaming monster, Intel is currently the only way to go.
In the current tom's article, best gaming cpu's for the money, there are NO winning AMC chips at any price point.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-o...

Even with Intel, any Z77 based motherboard will be able to OC a "K" chip to levels that will drive any graphics configuration well.
No real need for a top priced motherboard.
m
l
Related resources
May 28, 2012 11:08:44 PM

the question about AMD ... is because i already own a pIIx4 955BE ... witch is still going strong , just tired of big ass tower
m
l
May 30, 2012 2:18:11 AM

meh nobody got can propose me something
m
l
a c 266 V Motherboard
a b À AMD
May 30, 2012 2:57:49 AM

mxno said:
meh nobody got can propose me something

Go to newegg.
Under motherboards, select matx or itx format, and the northbridge that best supports your cpu chip.
You will find a bunch.
m
l
!