Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 Home Premium Retail License Key Only

Last response: in Windows 7
January 4, 2010 12:39:53 AM

Many sources are offering a "Windows 7 Home Premium Retail License Key Only" saying I could use a previously purchased DVD on a second PC with this separate key. I can't find any reference to this at the Microsoft site. Is this legal?
a c 215 $ Windows 7
January 4, 2010 12:43:32 AM

Having never come across anything like this myself, I would be a little skeptical about it. Where are these sources you mentioned?
m
l
January 4, 2010 2:40:18 AM

The_Prophecy said:
Having never come across anything like this myself, I would be a little skeptical about it. Where are these sources you mentioned?

I saw it at Elecsurf Computers. They were linked from a NexTag search. Here's an address: http://elecsurf.com/win7h.html

Thanks,

Jim
m
l
Related resources
a c 215 $ Windows 7
January 4, 2010 2:51:00 AM

Given the price, I'm even more skeptical. When you buy a copy of Windows, 95+% of the price is for the serial. Given the volume they ship, Microsoft can produce the disks for about $1 a piece...
m
l
January 4, 2010 3:08:16 AM

The_Prophecy said:
Given the price, I'm even more skeptical. When you buy a copy of Windows, 95+% of the price is for the serial. Given the volume they ship, Microsoft can produce the disks for about $1 a piece...

I sure thought it was fishy. But since MS withdrew the family pack, I've been looking for any way to save some money.

Thanks,

Jim
m
l
a c 209 $ Windows 7
January 4, 2010 4:32:23 AM

I'm wondering if they're using Technet keys. If so, it's totally against the Technet license agreement and if Microsoft finds out about it they could invalidate all the keys.
m
l
January 4, 2010 4:06:20 PM

It may be possible yo buy OEM keys without the disc (although I have not checked), but not retail ones.
m
l
!