Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to use Intel HD garphics?

Last response: in CPUs
September 8, 2011 11:05:38 AM

HEllo I have a core i5 2500 and Geforce 560 Ti on a H61 board, and my monitor only has a VGA connector, connected to the graphics card, does my computer use the Intel HD graphics on the cpu and also intel Quick Sync tech?
P.S: i don't have and SSD.

More about : intel garphics

Best solution

September 8, 2011 1:08:44 PM

if you install a video card in the PCI-E x16 slot, the intel HD graphics is disabled. Same thing with Quick Sync, it is disabled because you don't use internal graphics.

Intel Quick Sync is a feature from Intel HD graphics.

Read more on this webiste.

If you want to use your internal graphics, some adaptor exist, VGA female to DVI male
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGA-DVI-24-PIN-CONVERTER-FEMALE...
September 8, 2011 5:29:08 PM

Best answer selected by khashayar-bjme.
m
l
Related resources
a c 190 à CPUs
a b å Intel
September 8, 2011 5:31:17 PM

The only way that you will be able to use the Intel® Quick Sync and your dedicated graphics is with Lucidlogix Virtu software. This software will allow intelligent switching from the IGP (Intergraded Graphics on Processor) with Intel Quick Sync to the dedicated video card to give you the best performance for your application. Unfortunately, I can’t find any that says that this software will work with the H61 chipset. I have found that it is possible to be used on both H67 and Z68 chipsets but not on the H61.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
m
l
a c 220 à CPUs
a b å Intel
September 9, 2011 3:25:53 PM

IntelEnthusiast said:
The only way that you will be able to use the Intel® Quick Sync and your dedicated graphics is with Lucidlogix Virtu software. This software will allow intelligent switching from the IGP (Intergraded Graphics on Processor) with Intel Quick Sync to the dedicated video card to give you the best performance for your application. Unfortunately, I can’t find any that says that this software will work with the H61 chipset. I have found that it is possible to be used on both H67 and Z68 chipsets but not on the H61.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

I heard its only viable on the Z68 chipset?
m
l
a c 190 à CPUs
a b å Intel
September 9, 2011 6:10:23 PM

From our site the Lucid Virtu the software can be downloaded for a number of Intel® boards. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&...

At the bottum of the page there is a listing of the boards that this software can be loaded onto and they are:

Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL
Intel® Desktop Board DH67CL
Intel® Desktop Board DH67GD
Intel® Desktop Board DZ68BC
Intel® Desktop Board DZ68DB

So some H67 chipset based board are able to use this software and its switching.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
m
l
a c 220 à CPUs
a b å Intel
September 9, 2011 8:59:19 PM

Cool... Thanks...
m
l
!