Picturepad vs Converter

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 4, 2005 8:29:47 PM

I have a Picturepad image storage device that I am planning to take to
Switzerland on an upcoming trip. I am planning to buy a converter to handle
the electrical current difference. The converter I am planning on buying is
a Recoton ADF1650 50/1600w Dual Wattage Travel Converter. I figure that the
50W setting will be okay to handle the Picturepad.

I am wondering if anyone here has had any experience doing this either with
this converter or others. If these devices are not compatable, it will be
stuck in Switzerland with no place to download my digital images to.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

John

PS I emailed the manufacturer about this and haven't got a reply.

More about : picturepad converter

Anonymous
March 4, 2005 8:29:48 PM

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:29:47 -0500, "John Morey"
<jmoreyus@optonline.net> wrote:

>I have a Picturepad image storage device that I am planning to take to
>Switzerland on an upcoming trip. I am planning to buy a converter to handle
>the electrical current difference. The converter I am planning on buying is
>a Recoton ADF1650 50/1600w Dual Wattage Travel Converter. I figure that the
>50W setting will be okay to handle the Picturepad.
>
>I am wondering if anyone here has had any experience doing this either with
>this converter or others. If these devices are not compatable, it will be
>stuck in Switzerland with no place to download my digital images to.

I don't think you would be stuck in Switzerland. I'm sure you can
find a shop in Switzerland which could fix you up with the correct
converter if yours isn't okay. It's not like you are going to be in
some third world refugee camp.

Do make sure it has the correct plug for Swiss outlets.

http://www.mobileplanet.com/shopanywhere/product.asp?pf...

"Daddy Daddy. It was just like you said
Now that the living outnumber the dead.
Where I come from it's a long thin thread
Across an ocean. Down a river of red.
Now that the living outnumber the dead. I'm one of many."

"Speak My Language"
Laurie Anderson from
"Bright Red"
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 9:12:02 PM

Okay, I should have been more specific. I am worried that the converter will
damage the picturepad. I realize converters are available in Switzerland.

jm

"John A. Stovall" <johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:29:47 -0500, "John Morey"
> <jmoreyus@optonline.net> wrote:
>

>>I have a Picturepad image storage device that I am planning to take to
>>Switzerland on an upcoming trip. I am planning to buy a converter to
>>handle
>>the electrical current difference. The converter I am planning on buying
>>is
>>a Recoton ADF1650 50/1600w Dual Wattage Travel Converter. I figure that
>>the
>>50W setting will be okay to handle the Picturepad.
>>
>>I am wondering if anyone here has had any experience doing this either
>>with
>>this converter or others. If these devices are not compatable, it will be
>>stuck in Switzerland with no place to download my digital images to.
>
> I don't think you would be stuck in Switzerland. I'm sure you can
> find a shop in Switzerland which could fix you up with the correct
> converter if yours isn't okay. It's not like you are going to be in
> some third world refugee camp.
>
> Do make sure it has the correct plug for Swiss outlets.
>
> http://www.mobileplanet.com/shopanywhere/product.asp?pf...

> "Daddy Daddy. It was just like you said
> Now that the living outnumber the dead.
> Where I come from it's a long thin thread
> Across an ocean. Down a river of red.
> Now that the living outnumber the dead. I'm one of many."
>
> "Speak My Language"
> Laurie Anderson from
> "Bright Red"
March 4, 2005 9:54:57 PM

Wake up and look at the charger. All you need is a plug adapter. The
PicturePad will work on any voltages available world-wide.

I've used my picturepad, without a converter, in the UK, France and
Spain. Just plug adapters, cheap about anywhere, try Radio Shack.

It's the same for about anything that uses a charger. Laptop computers
for example. You can use then anywhere in the world for the ten dollar
price of a set of plug adapters.

John Morey wrote:
> I have a Picturepad image storage device that I am planning to take to
> Switzerland on an upcoming trip. I am planning to buy a converter to handle
> the electrical current difference. The converter I am planning on buying is
> a Recoton ADF1650 50/1600w Dual Wattage Travel Converter. I figure that the
> 50W setting will be okay to handle the Picturepad.
>
> I am wondering if anyone here has had any experience doing this either with
> this converter or others. If these devices are not compatable, it will be
> stuck in Switzerland with no place to download my digital images to.
>
> Any advice would be greatly appreciated
>
> John
>

> PS I emailed the manufacturer about this and haven't got a reply.

Anonymous
March 5, 2005 2:37:40 AM

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 18:12:02 -0500, "John Morey"
<jmoreyus@optonline.net> wrote:

>Okay, I should have been more specific. I am worried that the converter will
>damage the picturepad. I realize converters are available in Switzerland.

If it outputs the correct voltage and current for your device it won't
be a problem. Just look a the spec sheet for the picturepad and see
that you converter puts out a voltage in the correct range and the
current output is above it's current draw.

"It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name
of the public interest, to be placed under contribution,
drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolised, extorted from,
squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance,
the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined,
vilified, harrassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed,
disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned,
shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to
crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonoured.
That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality."

"General Idea of the Revolution in the Nineteenth Century"
Pierre Proudhon
!