New build won't boot fans idling - RAM issue?

Hi

I recently purchased brand new components to build a PC and built it. I've built a handful of systems before so I know everything is clicked into place and plugged in etc. I've rebuilt it 2 or 3 times now to make sure.

When I turn it on the fans go fast for two seconds as usual and then slow to idle speed. All I have on my display is a blue screen saying "No signal detected". Here are the specs:

ASUS G1-P7P55E barebones
Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W (I replaced the power supply because I thought there wasn't enough power in the 480W supplied)
Intel Core i5-650 (4M Cache, 3.20 GHz)
Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz) CMZ4GX3M2A1600C9 (I'm currently trying to boot with only 1 stick in now)
MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC
Crucial RealSSD 300 128GB SATA 6Gb/s
BenQ M2400HD
Dell 8X DVD+/-RW Drive (USB - from my laptop - no optical drive installed)

My initial suspicions were not enough power, but now I think it is either incompatible memory (it's not on the QVL and is 1600Mhz whereas the manual mentions 1333MHz - does this really matter though?). Otherwise I think it is a faulty CPU or mobo.
4 answers Last reply
More about build boot fans idling issue
  1. have you tried booting without the GPU, with the monitor plugged into the mobo?
  2. There is no onboard video. I should also say that the monitor is plugged in via HDMI and not DVI (I have no DVI cable). I just tried booting without the RAM in and the fans stay at high speed. I plugged the spare stick of RAM into slot 1 and booted and the fans go slower after the 2 secs as before. I've tried booting with RAM in each of the four slots.
  3. The motherboard is an ASUS P7P55-M
  4. So I tried new RAM that is listed in the QVL and STILL no luck. I have no idea what to do - any help please?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems