Need computer case for my components :)

elmondinio

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
I have almost bought all the components for my PC but I'm not sure which case to buy.

What I have bought:
CPU: i5 2500k (planning to OC later)
GPU: 6950 (planning to CF later)
PSU: tx v2 850w
RAM: corsair vengeance 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 2x4gig
Mobo: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 (Gen3)
cpu cooler: antec kühler h2o 620

I cant decide which case to buy. I was wondering either Silverstone Raven RV03 or Cooler Master Storm Sniper Black.. maybe there are some other suggestions

Check my build log http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=13&post=311860&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0
but main points would be,
alter feet placement at back of case and mount psu filter outside the case, easier to clean that way
acrylic window is an option if you dont want all that mesh/ huge fan
usb 3.0 does not have to go through the W/c grommets, if your mobo has a usb 3.0 header, there are adaptors and you can wire straight to the Mobo, saving the usb 3.0 ports for other devices,
**Your Mobo comes with the adaptor I mentioned so thats a go http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z68%20Extreme4%20Gen3
little bit of modding to the 'drivebay' usb 3.0 panel, and its all internal,
Oh, and the top/front panel does fit onto the side panel quite well but thats a serious cut with the angle grinder and some feeding of the wires through tight spaces at the front :p
Moto

elmondinio

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
that mod is soo hard 2 do :), im not that good.. i think I'm just going to stick with Raven 03..It's not that expensive and i think it has super good cooling

pabzOr

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Personally I am a huge fan of the Corsair cases. They all feature all black interior, with black wiring and nice rubber grommets for cable management. I was going to go with the CM Storm Sniper myself but I decided on a Corsair case specifically because they offer some of the best cable management.

Here is a link to my favorite. I will be purchasing it as soon is it is for sale :

Corsair Carbide Series 500R Mid-Tower Gaming Case