Best System build with Gigabyte Motherboard setting GA-X58A-UD3R

nwfdvd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
Dear All,
I buy last year a pc from www.ibuypower.com system, then after that I buy new HD's and SDD.
So I want to know what I must put in SYSTEM BIOS best setting for my system to be BEST Performance and STABLE and speed.

My System Hardware is:
Motherboard: GA-X58A-UD3R
VGA: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 1280 GDDR5
Memory: 6x2GB PC3-10700( 667 MHz ) DDR3 = 12GB
CPU: Intel Core i7 930

for the HD I will talk for what setting I have now:

HD1: Seagate Momentus XT 500GB Solid State Hybrid Drive ( boot + software install )
HD2+HD3: Raid0 Sata3 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 = 2TB ( Storage for Video + Files )

external: USB2 Dockstation for storage outside system.
external: USB3 Dockstation for storage outside system.

I want to configure the bios and install new Windows 7 64bit so what best setting for HD in bios to put and what configuration i must take ?

I have these new HD ready to put them in system and remove the OLD HD:

I have ready those HD:
1x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD
2x 500GB Seagate Momentus XT 500GB Solid State Hybrid Drive
2x 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3

So for the new system setup what best I put for booting ? the SSD 120gb !!
and what configuration and setting in bios i must use ?
do i use RAID0 or RAID1 for the 2x Hybird Seagate ..and 2x WD black sata3 ?

please guide me and help me configure the best setting for my Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R setting and ability.

Remember I have USB3 dockstation also and USB3 WD external 1TB also.

Please expert people don't wait too long to reply me ...please reply me fast I have these HD for 5-6 Moths and in box never opened waiting your reply to put the best setting and FAST system.

do I overclock my CPU ? or not ?

My main useing system is for office application + gameing ( WOW + SC2 ) + Video Editing + Photoshop and other.

Thanks
my email nwfdvd@hotmail.com

jasonw223

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Use your 120gb SSD for your boot drive, and go with RAID 0 for the momentus XT and the Caviar Black drives. If you are storing a lot of important data on the Caviar Blacks, you could go Raid 1.

Yes, overclock your CPU! It'll help a bit for CPU dependent games like WoW or SC2.