Sign in with
Your question

Ati 4850 hd I cannot install any graphic driver

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b U Graphics card
March 31, 2011 12:09:57 PM

Hello, My problem is that i cannot install any graphic card version, no matter what version i download it doesnt work, even if after installation it says "succsess" my PC is still using old drivers. Also when i try to uninstall them i am asked to reset PC, i do that and same second pc boots back up, my old drivers are allready installed.
I have tryed everything and nothing works, please help
April 3, 2011 3:06:12 AM

Try using Driver Cleaner to uninstall the drivers.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1655

If that doesn't work then you may need to try a fresh OS install. If you are still having problems then you may need to consider that either your card is bad or your mobo's PCI slot.
a b U Graphics card
April 4, 2011 3:18:37 PM

Try Manual Install / and Un-install. Do not use GUI type.

I'll send you the procedure if you don't know how, later tonight after the NCAA finals.

cheers
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 4, 2011 6:51:28 PM

You can install/un-install w/o the need of OS-reinstall which will consume a lot of time.
a b U Graphics card
April 4, 2011 11:09:20 PM

Below is the manual procedure to un-install/install Catalyst

Install/Un-install procedure for CCC @ command prompt environment:

Un-install ATI driver

@ Command prompt execute the following instructions

Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista64_win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\Driver\BIN64 for 64 bit OS
Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista32_ win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\ Driver\BIN for 32 bit OS

Type the command “atisetup.exe –uninstall”

This will remove the current or older ATI driver on your PC. Wait for the process to complete.

The Font will get big as the OS will revert to default VGA driver. This is expected or normal just as when installing windows for the 1st time.

Reboot your machine after the completion of the process
Install ATI driver

@ Command prompt execute the following instructions

Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista64_win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\ Driver\BIN64 for 64 bit OS
Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista32_ win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\ Driver\BIN for 32 bit OS

Type the command “atisetup.exe –install – output screen”

This will install the ATI driver on your PC. You will see DOTS on the command prompt terminal. Wait for the process to complete.

When done the ATI CCC installation log will come-up to detail the installation summary.

Reboot your machine

Configure your graphic settings when you log in.

Notes:

1) @ command prompt type ”ATIsetup.exe -?” it will give you the list options for the ATIsetup.exe installation program

2) 9-Rev is whatever revision of ATI driver you are using (i.e. 9-10).

3) Always un-install old driver before installing the new rev driver

!