Sound Device Dropping After Awhile

JediSange

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Hey everyone. The problem I'm having is one that confuses me quite a bit. I've been trying to do some tracking of the symptoms on my end so I can solve it solo, but so far there is no pattern to what is happening.

Basically, my setup is that I'm using a TV as a monitor (a nice, dorm-sized Hannspree) and a USB headset as well. The TV obviously has speakers and they are plugged in with the HDMI cable into my video card. The problem is that after some time running, the TV speakers disappear from my sound list in the windows sound menu. Restarting the Windows Audio service (or endpoint service) does not fix the problem.

I have been trying to see what causes this... is it Skype? Locking the computer? etc. So far there has been no noticeable pattern in the behavior. My graphics card is up to date on the drivers and I am currently installing the most recent drivers from the website of ASRock. However, I just got the motherboard <2 weeks ago, so I highly doubt this will resolve the issue.

I just recently upgraded my motherboard, effectively. I'm necroing my old psu, gpu, hdd, and dvd drive.

The new components are as follows:

- i5 3550 Ivy Bridge Processor
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard
- G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 RAM

In addition to that I am running an Radeon HD 5770 as my graphics card.

Any help would be appreciated.

JediSange

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Hey. I have more information on this issue:

The pattern is that whenever the input changes on my TV, the sound device shows at not plugged in on the computer. This did not used to happen on my old rig with the same TV.

In other words, if it goes to power save mode or I switch to another input, and then proceed to go BACK to my computer input (HDMI), then it shows it as disconnected until I restart.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS