I want to run three displays with the eyefinity

simmons1

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
I want to run three displays with the eyefinity my question is what is a good reasably price moniters that will run the eyefinity

This is my graphics card
ASUS EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5 Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
Also should I run two cards?

hooru

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
I'm currently running dual display eyefinity with 2 1080p samsung displays. I'm soon going to buy a 3rd display, because with eyefinity enabled on dual displays FPS put the cross-hairs right in the middle of the 2 displays, so it takes time to get use to that.... NEway, whatever displays you choose to buy, make sure at LEAST 1 of them have a DisplayPort-input which is needed to run 3display eyefinity, or you could get a DP to HDMI active adapter. About your card, its a very good card, but a 2gb card would have been a better choice since eyefinity relies heavily on mem. I dont know very much about crossfire, other than many games DON'T support it. So i'll let sum1 else chime in about that.....

nba_prophecy

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008
I think that having the same panel x3 is much more important because you avoid color/contrast issues between different models. You don't need a display port ready monitor because you can use an active display adapter which can be found on ebay for aprox. 60$. Crossfire issues still exist but it has seen major improvements even on the 58... series. Generally the 6xxx series scale better so you will get even better performance. My advice regarding that is to get another card. If you don't get another card you will not enjoy anything more than low details on any current gen games.