LGA775 DDR3 OCing Mobo?

HateDread

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
Hey all,

As per the topic title, I'm looking for an LGA775 DDR3-RAM-capable motherboard that I can use for overclocking a Q6600. It's getting hard to find them... what should I be looking for, that might still be available, and where can I get it from?

Regards,
- HateDread, Australia.

Solution
The 65nm Core2 processors have been known to occasionally have a few problems with DDR3. Nothing I can cite off the top of my head though. The LGA775 boards with DDR2 have in my experience been more stable overclockers for both the 65nm and 45nm Core2 processors.

Asus made a few good LGA775 boards based on the Intel P45 chipset, that's the last one before they moved to LGA1366. NVidia also made some chipsets for LGA 775 but these should be avoided like the plague.

I personally used an Asus P5QPro Turbo to get a solid 33% overclock on a QX9650 for years and its still going at my friends house, I would recommend that if you can find one.
The 65nm Core2 processors have been known to occasionally have a few problems with DDR3. Nothing I can cite off the top of my head though. The LGA775 boards with DDR2 have in my experience been more stable overclockers for both the 65nm and 45nm Core2 processors.

Asus made a few good LGA775 boards based on the Intel P45 chipset, that's the last one before they moved to LGA1366. NVidia also made some chipsets for LGA 775 but these should be avoided like the plague.

I personally used an Asus P5QPro Turbo to get a solid 33% overclock on a QX9650 for years and its still going at my friends house, I would recommend that if you can find one.

Solution

HateDread

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
Let me change that; I've decided to stick with DDR2 on the LGA 775. Any good boards that were good enough to warrant a few still sitting around? My GA-P31-DS3L will only support 4gb of RAM -.-