Sign in with
Your question

Calling all custom computer builders!

Last response: in Systems
June 14, 2011 3:19:45 AM

We are a small web start-up out of Ohio and would really appreciate some input!
This is not a scam or some advertising ploy, just general, old-fashioned feedback surveying.
If you could take this survey it would provide us with some much needed feedback on custom computer building that will help us in the development of our project.
Plus, a chance to win something! Thanks so much for the support, we looking forward to being a part of the Tom's Hardware community in the coming months.

Survey site: www.vultros.com/survey
June 22, 2011 3:42:10 PM

Don't advertise on here. This is for helping people with problems.
June 27, 2011 6:26:48 PM

shredder777 said:
Don't advertise on here. This is for helping people with problems.

I do apologize if you feel that the post was an advertisement, but if you had taken the time to look into my post you would see it is not any form of advertisement, or site pimping, or even promotion of our site.

This is actually a survey and we actually were seeking results. Thankfully some members of the Tom's Hardware community helped us and we have gotten a sufficient amount of data to be able to use for the statistics in our web project development.

And to be honest, we did and still do have a problem. The project we are working on is for the community, not for our profiteering or promotion of the Vultros website. We simply used our company website to host the survey because it was much more efficient and clean for anyone wanting to help us in getting data and results. The reason I asked the Tom's Hardware community was because the community is who we wanted to ask the questions to; we sought the input from the Tom's Hardware community and that input was taking the survey to give us more information to better serve the development of our site.

tl;dr I apologize that my post was confused for advertising and hope that we can still maintain a good relationship with people like yourself.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b B Homebuilt system
June 27, 2011 6:47:17 PM

the "Chance to win something" sounds like advertisement
June 27, 2011 7:47:30 PM

r0aringdrag0n said:
the "Chance to win something" sounds like advertisement

Sounds like it yea, but really just interest in giving away a gift card for people's time. Plus, even friends of mine included emails because they want the card too, even if they were obligated because of friendship. Some friends, right?

Anyways, just wanted to give a response because I didn't want any confusion. No underlying message or meaning, just wanting the opinions and insight from the people here at Tom's.
a b B Homebuilt system
June 27, 2011 7:50:27 PM

BTW your link doesnt work lol, also you should post stuff to do with people in the US in the US side of the tomshardware forums.

also how has web development got anything to do with custom building?....
June 27, 2011 7:55:33 PM

ps3hacker12 said:
BTW your link doesnt work lol, also you should post stuff to do with people in the US in the US side of the tomshardware forums.

also how has web development got anything to do with custom building?....

True story, we took the link down because we only needed a small subset of data, which we've obtained!

As to what web dev has to do with custom building, the whole reason I think everything is being confused. My company does do web development, but that is almost just a hobby. We are developing something that has EVERYTHING to do with custom building, hence the survey. What we are developing we don't want bring much attention to so we hosted the survey on our company site. My bad :\

Also, not just the US, the UK and Ireland deserve attention too!
!