vortex

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

I suppose you've heard that PSP is going to cost under 200 bucks in
Japan, about $185. those of you that were not planning on getting PSP
because of it's high expected price of $250 to $300 to $400, are your
minds now changed, being that the price is around $185?

also, the battery life is now said to be a more reasonable 4 to 6
hours, much better than 90 min to 2 hours? not bad concidering the
PSP is hundreds of times more powerful than GBA and dozens of times
more powerful than DS.

I'm thinking about picking up two PSPs at launch.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

The appeal of different games appeals to me more than the same games with
portability. Also I wouldn't be suprised if the battery life is infact only
about 2 hours in real practice. The 4-6 hour figure is probably the maximum
under the most ideal conditions, but we will have to wait and see I guess.

I have already preordered a DS.

"Vortex" <vortex_combaticon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I suppose you've heard that PSP is going to cost under 200 bucks in
> Japan, about $185. those of you that were not planning on getting PSP
> because of it's high expected price of $250 to $300 to $400, are your
> minds now changed, being that the price is around $185?
>
> also, the battery life is now said to be a more reasonable 4 to 6
> hours, much better than 90 min to 2 hours? not bad concidering the
> PSP is hundreds of times more powerful than GBA and dozens of times
> more powerful than DS.
>
> I'm thinking about picking up two PSPs at launch.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

It's cheaper than I thought. I thought it was going to cost $299.99.

"Vortex" <vortex_combaticon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I suppose you've heard that PSP is going to cost under 200 bucks in
> Japan, about $185. those of you that were not planning on getting PSP
> because of it's high expected price of $250 to $300 to $400, are your
> minds now changed, being that the price is around $185?
>
> also, the battery life is now said to be a more reasonable 4 to 6
> hours, much better than 90 min to 2 hours? not bad concidering the
> PSP is hundreds of times more powerful than GBA and dozens of times
> more powerful than DS.
>
> I'm thinking about picking up two PSPs at launch.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

I heard the battery life will be very short for movies, but 10 hours for
games.

Let it be known that on 27 Oct 2004 11:19:13 -0700, vortex_combaticon@yahoo.com
(Vortex) wrote:

>I suppose you've heard that PSP is going to cost under 200 bucks in
>Japan, about $185. those of you that were not planning on getting PSP
>because of it's high expected price of $250 to $300 to $400, are your
>minds now changed, being that the price is around $185?

Actually more like $200. The DS will cost about $140 in Japan. So the PSP
price will probably rise a little too.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

"Vortex" <vortex_combaticon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I suppose you've heard that PSP is going to cost under 200 bucks in
> Japan, about $185. those of you that were not planning on getting PSP
> because of it's high expected price of $250 to $300 to $400, are your
> minds now changed, being that the price is around $185?

It's still over $200 because you need a memory stick duo. The one that
comes with it is like $240

> also, the battery life is now said to be a more reasonable 4 to 6
> hours, much better than 90 min to 2 hours?

Still pretty weak, but managable. Guess you'll just need to play your
portable next to a power outlet so you can plug it in while you play
anything significant.

> not bad concidering the
> PSP is hundreds of times more powerful than GBA and dozens of times
> more powerful than DS.

You're wrong.

> I'm thinking about picking up two PSPs at launch.

Go for it!

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

I'm going to get both so to me arguing over which one is better is a moot
point.

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> "Vortex" <vortex_combaticon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I suppose you've heard that PSP is going to cost under 200 bucks in
>> Japan, about $185. those of you that were not planning on getting PSP
>> because of it's high expected price of $250 to $300 to $400, are your
>> minds now changed, being that the price is around $185?
>
> It's still over $200 because you need a memory stick duo. The one that
> comes with it is like $240
>
>> also, the battery life is now said to be a more reasonable 4 to 6
>> hours, much better than 90 min to 2 hours?
>
> Still pretty weak, but managable. Guess you'll just need to play your
> portable next to a power outlet so you can plug it in while you play
> anything significant.
>
>> not bad concidering the
>> PSP is hundreds of times more powerful than GBA and dozens of times
>> more powerful than DS.
>
> You're wrong.
>
>> I'm thinking about picking up two PSPs at launch.
>
> Go for it!

---

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 llib <willgignospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I'm going to get both so to me arguing over which one is better is a moot
> point.

well aren't you 'speschul'
--

"I hear ma train a comin'