Acer Laptop Doesn't boot from Boot Cd

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 10, 2005 8:48:12 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer (More info?)

I have some problems with my Acer Travelmate 630,
and I am trying to boot from some "Boot Cds" to fix it.
For example "Ultimate boot CD" = ubcd.sourceforge.net.

The problem is that some of the ones I've made doesn't work.
How can I find out from another PC if it will boot?
Does the CD have to be finalized?

Some, for example Knoppix (Linux from CD) does work.
My current issue problem is that I need a to do something like a DOS
chdsk before
I can partition the drive in Knoppix ( Another option is to put the
drive in another PC)

Thanks
Olav

More about : acer laptop boot boot

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 14, 2005 6:27:13 AM

olav_net@hotmail.com a écrit :
> I have some problems with my Acer Travelmate 630,
> and I am trying to boot from some "Boot Cds" to fix it.
> For example "Ultimate boot CD" = ubcd.sourceforge.net.
>
> The problem is that some of the ones I've made doesn't work.
> How can I find out from another PC if it will boot?
> Does the CD have to be finalized?
>
> Some, for example Knoppix (Linux from CD) does work.
> My current issue problem is that I need a to do something like a DOS
> chdsk before
> I can partition the drive in Knoppix ( Another option is to put the
> drive in another PC)
>
> Thanks
> Olav

Maybe a stupid question, but have you checked the Bios so that the CD
drive has a higher boot-up priority than the hard drive ?

--
Virez Saddam pour me répondre.
Remove Saddam to reply.

http://www.charles-de-gaulle.org