Sign in with
Your question

Which of those motherboards do you recommend for my usage

Last response: in Motherboards
May 29, 2012 4:17:10 PM

this will be my first build. it will be mainly for gaming. when choosing the components my aim was to pick the parts that have the lowest price for the needed performance . i'm very concern of buying something that i won't use or benefit from. for example, an SSD is surely a big improvement to the build but it won't improve anything while gaming except for loading time which is not justifiable for the price. i hope that this will make it easier to which motherboard you think would suit me most.

the four motherboards are all from Asus :
P8Z77-V $185
P8H77-V $140
P8H77-V LE $128
P8B75-V $105

(i would choose i5 3570k for z77 chipset and i5 3550 for the rest.)

i know most of the differences between the motherboards but i want guidance for the features i missed or didn't understand. so i made this comaprison on Asus website (here is the full comparison) and i want an illustration to the differences i highlighted in this picture. what do you think of the differences that worth mentioning and noting for? for example, is the differences between the LAN ports or the audio features noticeable or i should ignore them? so point for me what is important from the highlighted and leave the minors.

just to make sure. i acknowledge that Z77 is the only one that you can overclock in it , can sli/Xfire and has wireless. i acknowledge the differences between the number of all ports (usb,sata,displayports,pcie ..etc) and all boards provide more than enough ports for me. i acknowledge that B75 doesn't support SSD caching.

so as i see it now, i should take Z77 if i want overclocking and Xfire. if i don't then i go for H77 or B75 if i dont want SSD caching either.

but still i'm afraid of the other differences that i may have missed which is why i need your help guys. i don't want to buy the B75 then regret it later because i wasn't informed of other features i'm giving up from the higher boards.

finally i'll note that the price difference between overclockable PC is bigger than just 50$ or 80$ . if i would take Z77 + i5 3570k ($185+$237=$422) to overclock, i will need to buy heatsink, more fans and higher watts PSU which will cost me even more. while non overclockable PC , H77 LE + i5 3550 ($128+$200=$328) or B75 ($105+$200=$305). so i don't think the boost i will get from overclocking would justify the cost. this is why overclocking isn't important for me but i may consider it if Z77 provide more features than i know.
a b V Motherboard
May 29, 2012 5:45:18 PM

Get the P8B75-V for $105 if you dont think of ocing. This board has all the thing you need. And choose i5 3550 if you dont want to oc. 3570K is an oc edition.

Choosing P8B75-V+ 3550 will cost you less and do your need.
May 30, 2012 9:02:36 AM

mubin said:
Get the P8B75-V for $105 if you dont think of ocing. This board has all the thing you need. And choose i5 3550 if you dont want to oc. 3570K is an oc edition.

Choosing P8B75-V+ 3550 will cost you less and do your need.

what about the other features in the comparison. you think they aren't important ?
because i don't know what most of them mean.
a b V Motherboard
May 30, 2012 9:56:14 AM

If you dont interested in crossfire/sli then features are not important. z77 has more capability of crossfire. Though B75 can crossfire. But z77 is better.

Also z77 is great for overclocking. So if your are not interested in oc and crossfire, then features are not important to you.
!