mztee

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
I have an HP p6310f running windows 7 and recently I installed a new mother and a second internal HD. I installed the additional HD because I did not purchase the motherboard from HP( but it is the model as the one that came with the computer)I couldnt install the oringinal harddrive without losing data on it I didnt want to lose the data on original HD thats the reason for the new HD. Computer is running fine, but in the device manager in other devices it say the Coprocessor driver not installed(code 28). Where would I find the driver for this It is an AMD Anthlon llx4? I went to their web site and did not know which I was suppose to Dl. Any help in this matter is truely appreciated. Thank you

I would first use windows update and download the latest windows files if you have room on your hardrive. They should include the cpu driver. Check windows device manager for any marks next to a device driver. Then click on properties and update the driver. I don't recommend flashing the motherboard bios if it's hp. You could end up with a bad flash and dead board. If you try flashing anyway, disable any boot block settings in the hp bios and also disable windows firewall before running the flash program.

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
I have a Phenom II X4 840 and an Asus M4N72-E MoBo and Win 7 HomeP 64. I got the same message in my device mgr. saying no copressor. Flashed my BIOS and nothing changed. I don't worry about it as everything seems to be normal. That copressor thingy seems to be a holdover from ancient days.

razor 10

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
The co processor is usually a floating decimal math co-processor, or a media processor, which are like Assistant Processors in the CPU. Check Your main board for a manufacturers name and model number. usually they have a web site with drivers and updates. If no joy to that, try http://www.microsoft.com/update updating your service packs will possibly cover it.