Cpu usage on games

hey i have been playing crysis full everything i have the 6970 direct cu 2 and overclocked to 990 for gpu and 1475 for the memory i get an average fps of 38 my highest when running the test was 45 and a low of 33 my cpu is the 1090t and i know for fact that the game uses little of most processors whether its a 6 core or a quad i have 1866mhz vengeance ram 750watt psu the formula iv mobo plus im not sure if this would be the best place to ask but is there a way of making the game use more of my cpu? or atleast use 100% of some of my cores
3 answers Last reply
More about usage games
  1. Games use more GPU and not CPU if you are having problems disable all power saver options in BIOS and try again.
  2. no problems just curios on if i could bump up the frame rate ive set the cores now to affinity and tested in the cpu test and that bumped that up a fair bit was at a low 26 then after setting the cores to affinity it bumped up to roughly 38 and a high on that part of 50 upwards when before it barely reached 40 so that seemed to help a fair bit :)
  3. Overclocking the processor will help. Disable two cores, and overclock the remaining from BIOS. That game can't utilise more than 4 threads.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs