Note to moderator: You can delete my earlier post from today as the problem is more precisely identified in this post.
ASUS P8H61-MLE/CSM motherboard. Memory Patriot PSD34G13332, two sticks, 4 gb. Intel 13-2100. New build.
1. Memory stick 1 in Channel A--no good.
2. Memory stick 2 in Channel A--no good.
3. Memory stick 1 in Channel B--POST is successful.
4. Memory stick 2 in Channel B--POST is successful.
5. If Channel A and B are populated at same time, with either stick in either slot--no good.
Is the MOBO bad (channel A defective?)
OR is it just finicky about this stick?
Note that the QVL for memory for this MOBO includes PSD31G13332 (1 gb) and PSD32G13332 (2 gb) but does not mention my 4 gb stick.
Note also I updated to latest BIOS.
Let me know. Thanks and sorry about earlier confusion. Is this another case of "it is always the memory"?