Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

ASRock 970 Extreme4 alternatives

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
May 30, 2012 12:29:27 AM

Good day everyone!

I'm beginning a build and I'm currently in possession of an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, I have a motherboard in mind, an ASRock 970 Extreme4 but since I'm still getting the cash together to purchase it, I wanted to get a few expert opinions on this board and if there are any other boards that fall within this price range that may perform better or just as good with my current processor.

Hope to hear from ya'll!

Thank you!

Regards,

Tom

Best solution

May 30, 2012 2:03:27 AM

tomhuang03 said:
Good day everyone!

I'm beginning a build and I'm currently in possession of an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, I have a motherboard in mind, an ASRock 970 Extreme4 but since I'm still getting the cash together to purchase it, I wanted to get a few expert opinions on this board and if there are any other boards that fall within this price range that may perform better or just as good with my current processor.

Hope to hear from ya'll!

Thank you!

Regards,

Tom


I've had this board for four months and it's a great performing board. I run SLI and I do overclock with the board. Lots of USB/SATA ports it's more than enough for price/performance. Also has power and reset buttons on the board itself for testing and troubleshooting.

Only negative I have is the way the sata ports are situated. If using a full tower than it's not a big problem but with mid tower cases your drives are to close and makes it hard to plug in drive since they are sideways.
Share
Related resources
May 30, 2012 3:47:40 AM

chase3567 said:
I've had this board for four months and it's a great performing board. I run SLI and I do overclock with the board. Lots of USB/SATA ports it's more than enough for price/performance. Also has power and reset buttons on the board itself for testing and troubleshooting.

Only negative I have is the way the sata ports are situated. If using a full tower than it's not a big problem but with mid tower cases your drives are to close and makes it hard to plug in drive since they are sideways.



Hi chase3567, thanks a lot for the valuable input, I'll take that into consideration when I'm in search of a chassis/case. Appreciate the detailed response!
Score
0
May 30, 2012 3:55:04 AM

rolli59 said:
It is a good board but if you are thinking dual GPU's at a later date (Extreme 4 over Extreme 3) why not go for a 990FX board for $20 more http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Hi rolli59, I don't think I'll be going dual GPU's anytime soon, but that's something to keep in mind. :bounce:  What are the noticeable/significant differences between the 990FX Extreme 4 and the 970 Extreme 4? I was taking a look at the specs and they don't seem too pretty far apart aside from the price. Any advantage that the 990FX Extreme 4 has aside from what you've mentioned above?

Appreciate the input and suggestion.

Thanks!


Score
0
a c 1098 V Motherboard
May 30, 2012 11:26:01 AM

tomhuang03 said:
Hi rolli59, I don't think I'll be going dual GPU's anytime soon, but that's something to keep in mind. :bounce:  What are the noticeable/significant differences between the 990FX Extreme 4 and the 970 Extreme 4? I was taking a look at the specs and they don't seem too pretty far apart aside from the price. Any advantage that the 990FX Extreme 4 has aside from what you've mentioned above?

Appreciate the input and suggestion.

Thanks!

Dual GPU setup at X16 X16 and more connectors http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...|13-157-262^13-157-262-TS%2C13-157-281^13-157-281-TS%2C13-157-266^13-157-266-TS
Score
0
May 30, 2012 11:56:12 AM

rolli59 said:
Dual GPU setup at X16 X16 and more connectors http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...|13-157-262^13-157-262-TS%2C13-157-281^13-157-281-TS%2C13-157-266^13-157-266-TS


Thanks rolli59! Will definitely keep that in mind! I'll do a little more research since I'm still putting the cash together for a board. :bounce: 
Score
0
May 30, 2012 12:05:27 PM

Best answer selected by tomhuang03.
Score
0
a c 328 V Motherboard
May 31, 2012 6:53:53 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
0
!