Summoned creatures threaten and insult my character

I summon hobgoblins and they immediately call my
character "manure mouth" and tell him "YOU BE
QUIET." My friend told me that summoned
hobgoblins are supposed to be friendly and that
they're great conversationalists with his group. I
summon ogres and they threaten: "Smash you.
Smash you to goo!" My friend says that they bow
to his character when summoned in a FMV sequence.
He says that I must have treated a summons poorly
and now all the creatures signed up at the summoning
pool hate my character. I want to summon creatures
but I'm afraid they might shoot poisoned arrows at me.
I just don't know what to do.
2 answers Last reply
More about summoned creatures threaten insult character
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "kevin" <completely@invalid.com> wrote in message

    > I summon hobgoblins and they immediately call my
    > character "manure mouth" and tell him "YOU BE
    > QUIET." My friend told me that summoned
    > hobgoblins are supposed to be friendly and that
    > they're great conversationalists with his group. I
    > summon ogres and they threaten: "Smash you.
    > Smash you to goo!" My friend says that they bow
    > to his character when summoned in a FMV sequence.
    > He says that I must have treated a summons poorly
    > and now all the creatures signed up at the summoning
    > pool hate my character. I want to summon creatures
    > but I'm afraid they might shoot poisoned arrows at me.
    > I just don't know what to do.

    Your friend is talking out of his hat, at least regards the BG series of
    games.

    Each monster has a specific set of sounds associated with it - they
    don't change whether the monster's friendly or hostile. Hobgoblins will
    still swear, ogres will still talk about smashing people's faces in...
    but summoned monsters will not turn hostile unless you actually attack
    them.

    (Apart from summoned demons, of course, who are ALWAYS hostile, but
    won't attack you if you have Protection From Evil, they will then only
    attack your enemies.)

    Jonathan.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk>

    Thanks Jonathan,
    I was just joking though...
    I don't really have a friend. ;-)