Cingular - likely to negotiate terms on a new contract?

I'm a current Sprint PCS customer, getting 300 minutes/8pm nights and
unlimited nights/weekends for $30/month. If I am switching, is cingular at
all likely to negotiate the addition of the unlimited weekends to their $30
plan, or an 8pm start to nights?

Thanks,
Colin

NO!

"Colin William" <colintwilliam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm a current Sprint PCS customer, getting 300 minutes/8pm nights and
> unlimited nights/weekends for $30/month. If I am switching, is cingular at
> all likely to negotiate the addition of the unlimited weekends to their
> $30 plan, or an 8pm start to nights?
>
> Thanks,
> Colin

I think the chances of such is almost nil.
But you can negotion with an independent Cingular dealer for a better deal
on the handset.
You maybe also be able to get some monthly discount if you work for some
qualified organizations.

"Colin William" <colintwilliam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm a current Sprint PCS customer, getting 300 minutes/8pm nights and
> unlimited nights/weekends for $30/month. If I am switching, is cingular at
> all likely to negotiate the addition of the unlimited weekends to their
> $30 plan, or an 8pm start to nights?
>
> Thanks,
> Colin

Jer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004

Colin William wrote:
> I'm a current Sprint PCS customer, getting 300 minutes/8pm nights and
> unlimited nights/weekends for $30/month. If I am switching, is cingular at
> all likely to negotiate the addition of the unlimited weekends to their $30
> plan, or an 8pm start to nights?
>
> Thanks,
> Colin

Not even, as in nada, as in don't even go there.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

I agree with the prior poster: NO, they will not negotiate on the plan
(would you want them to?) YES on the phone/accessories from me or with any
other agent. Maybe even a corporate store as well. Good luck.
--
dr.news Better Price? (not better than you deserve, just more than you are
used to)

"Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
> Colin William wrote:
> > I'm a current Sprint PCS customer, getting 300 minutes/8pm nights and
> > unlimited nights/weekends for $30/month. If I am switching, is cingular
at
> > all likely to negotiate the addition of the unlimited weekends to their
$30
> > plan, or an 8pm start to nights?

If you combine billing with bellsouth or sbc you could get a discount, some
plans offer a 7pm start for an extra fee, some people switch plans from few
min to more min and manage the rollover mins to average out a lower rate.
You may want to check with the people you call the most if they are Cingular
then you want a plan with mobile to mobile mins. If you are using 300 mins
or less then a prepaid plan maybe cheaper.

Jer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004

Stanley Reynolds wrote:
> "Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
>
>>Colin William wrote:
>>
>>>I'm a current Sprint PCS customer, getting 300 minutes/8pm nights and
>>>unlimited nights/weekends for $30/month. If I am switching, is cingular
>
> at
>
>>>all likely to negotiate the addition of the unlimited weekends to their
>
> $30
>
>>>plan, or an 8pm start to nights?
>>>

> If you combine billing with bellsouth or sbc you could get a discount, some
> plans offer a 7pm start for an extra fee, some people switch plans from few
> min to more min and manage the rollover mins to average out a lower rate.
> You may want to check with the people you call the most if they are Cingular
> then you want a plan with mobile to mobile mins. If you are using 300 mins
> or less then a prepaid plan maybe cheaper.

The people I call most don't leave their cell phones on when they're at
home. We all have landlines within the local calling scope and use those.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

"Stanley Reynolds" <nospam_stanley_reynolds@yahoo.com> wrote
> If you combine billing with bellsouth or sbc you could get a discount,
> some
> plans offer a 7pm start for an extra fee, some people switch plans from
> few
> min to more min and manage the rollover mins to average out a lower rate.
> You may want to check with the people you call the most if they are
> Cingular
> then you want a plan with mobile to mobile mins. If you are using 300 mins
> or less then a prepaid plan maybe cheaper.

Thanks for the thoughts. I finally went with the GoPhone $29.99 plan.
Cingular and Verizon offer the best reception that works in my home, and i
just don't use the thing enough to go up to a $40 a month plan (that's
really $45+ with fees). But we use it just enough that the pay-as-you-go
options for these carriers don't work well. The $29.99 plan gives enough
minutes, rollover of funds we don't spend, and the freedom to bail out later
if needed.

Colin