Memory upgrade for Toshiba Satellite M40

Tags:
  • Memory Upgrade
  • Memory
  • Toshiba
  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
a b } Memory
a b D Laptop
June 10, 2005 5:54:34 PM

What type of modules does the M40 use? I'm not familiar with current
memory types - last module I purchased was a PC133 one (!) - so I
thought it would be better to ask. Here's a snap with the cover off:

http://satin.sensation.net.au/rowan/M40RAM.jpg

Although it's not visible, the grey edge strip female connector says
"DDR RVS / 2.5V"

Page 20 of the manual mentions "PC2700 128MB or 256 MB or 512 MB or
1024 MB memory modules can be installed in the two memory slots for a
maximum of 2048 MB system memory."

So I guess I ask for PC2700 DDR333 RAM?

Interestingly the manual claims elsewhere that you can only use 3 part
numbers if you upgrade, but the installed module doesn't appear to
match any of them. :)

More about : memory upgrade toshiba satellite m40

Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b D Laptop
June 10, 2005 6:02:21 PM

On second thoughts, looks like I need to ask for SO-DIMM PC2700. (?)

TIA.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b D Laptop
June 20, 2005 12:31:36 PM

For searchers: it's 200 pin SO-DIMM PC2700. Just upgraded from 512Mb to
1Gb.
!