Memory upgrade for Toshiba Satellite M40

What type of modules does the M40 use? I'm not familiar with current
memory types - last module I purchased was a PC133 one (!) - so I
thought it would be better to ask. Here's a snap with the cover off:

http://satin.sensation.net.au/rowan/M40RAM.jpg

Although it's not visible, the grey edge strip female connector says
"DDR RVS / 2.5V"

Page 20 of the manual mentions "PC2700 128MB or 256 MB or 512 MB or
1024 MB memory modules can be installed in the two memory slots for a
maximum of 2048 MB system memory."

So I guess I ask for PC2700 DDR333 RAM?

Interestingly the manual claims elsewhere that you can only use 3 part
numbers if you upgrade, but the installed module doesn't appear to
match any of them. :)
3 answers Last reply
More about memory upgrade toshiba satellite

    On second thoughts, looks like I need to ask for SO-DIMM PC2700. (?)

    TIA.

    googlegroups@sensation.net.au wrote in comp.sys.laptops:

    > On second thoughts, looks like I need to ask for SO-DIMM PC2700.
    > (?)

    http://www.breakingnewsblog.com/laptop/archives/toshiba_satellite_m4
    0/

    (URL wrap)

    specifies it indeed as PC2700 DDR

    --
    CeeBee

    ***The cookie has spoken***

    For searchers: it's 200 pin SO-DIMM PC2700. Just upgraded from 512Mb to
    1Gb.

Memory Upgrade Memory Toshiba Laptops