NOT Solved!! Corasir XMS3 in ASUS m5a88-v evo

I have a brand new PC up and running, but it can only run on one of the two 4 GB Corsair xms3 1600 MHz. When trying to run on two RAM it freezes during windows boot.
How can i get both RAMs installed?

Phenom II 965 BE 125w
Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600 x2
OCZ ModXStream pro 600w
EVGA Superclock cooler
ASUS GTX 550Ti
8 answers Last reply
More about solved corasir xms3 asus m5a88
  1. Have you tried both sticks individually? Are you following the instructions in the motherboard manual for correct slots?
  2. yea i used the correct slots mentioned in the manual. and i've tried each stick by them selves... they work individually, but not together.
  3. I am inclined to think there is something wrong with one of your channels. Have you tried both sticks in the primary channel?
  4. I think it might be one of my sticks. I thought they worked individually, but when I swapped out the ram in primary channel, the swap froze my windows again. I was also thinking, do i have to change anything in my BIOS for my RAM?
  5. You should not they should just run at their SPD setting until you tweak speed.
  6. i see. I'm going to exchange ram and go from there. keep you posted. Thanks for the help.
  7. So I exchanged for another corsair xms3 and installed them both. THEY WORK!!! My pc is running real smooth. Thanks for the help.
  8. Great enjoy!
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Corsair