Driver - Install failed

Turvs

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
I am trying to install the drivers for the 9600GT v266.58 patch. But when i run it, it just goes straight to install failed without evern attempting to install.

I have tried uninstalling the drives but when i did and tried to boot in safe mode to use driver cleaner it would go past the loading screen, same when i tried to run normally wouldn't go past the windows loading screen. I managed to reinstall the drivers by repair. But i still cannot update my graphics card.

I cannont play dragon age origins or bad company 2 because of it.

Specs:
9600 GT OC2
2GB Ram
550W PSU
Windows 7 - 64

It must be something else then :lol:, I'm using the 270.51's on my 9500GT rig and am in the process of installing them on the dual 8800GT rig so I know that the driver is compatible.

Turvs

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
I have no idea what it could be, i have tried everything i can think of. Also i just bought 2 new games that i cant p[lay because of it.

Turvs

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
Any one else have any ideas? I have also tried the 32bit version just to try but still the same thing. You think i could try installing it in safe mode? just trying everything atm, really wanting to play these games.

Turvs

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
I have been really busy but just attempted to boot in safe mode. But when i tried it just hands on hte loading screen after saying loading drivers/classpnp.sys.

I have also tried nvidia live support but they were unable to help. Is there anything anyone can think of. I cant play any of my games because of it.

Turvs

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
It shows an ! next to my onboard graphics card but i dont use that. But for my main it just says device is working properly.

Could it possible be that?