[Nvidia] GTX 560 Ti Core Clock & Loading Screens

Sinatics

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
I've got a MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II and its working great except for the following issue i'm having.

I'm using MSI Afterburner to OC/Monitor my videocard and every time I'm on a loading screen in World of Warcraft or Starcraft 2 (haven't tested any other games) my Core Clock goes from 955 MHz (my current OC setting for the card) to 405 MHz (the lowest possible speed for the card) once I'm off the loading screen, the card returns to 955 MHz.

While this doesn't really mess with my gaming experience, I would much rather not have my card downclock on loading screens, since when I do load in to wow after this I get about 10 fps for ~10 seconds until the Core Clock goes back up to 955 MHz.

I've Setup a profile in MSI Afterburner as well as Nvidia's Performance tool to keep the clock speed at 955 MHz yet it still downclocks on loading screens.

My guess is that the GPU is designed to downclock on 2D applications (loading screens) and clock up for 3D applications (gameplay)

Any help figuring out how to stop my card from down clocking on loading screens would be greatly appriciated. Thanks :)