Motherboard performance with My processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

akhr

Honorable
May 11, 2012
I have shortlisted the intel i5 2500k processor for my gaming PC. Along with this, I plan to purchase a 4 GB RAM(4GB×1 and not 2×2 GB) and a 1TB HDD. I do not need an SSD as I do not think it very necessary that games should load in the blink of an eye. Since it is a gaming PC I would like at least 4 USB ports through which I can use my external game controller. I also want the XFX AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB graphics card for my PC.
I have shortlisted the following Motherboards,please suggest which one will be the best in performance and suit my requirements.
(1) Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D3V
(2) Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P
(3) Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H
Are these motherboards compatible with my needs?

I would also like to know that if there any other motherboards in the price range of $50-70 giving better
performance than these listed above. Which one should I choose for my PC?
I would be playing games like fifa 12(and fifa 13 when it will be released),GTA 4 and Battlefield 3.

Solution
First let me say that if you get any of these boards you won't be taking advantage of one of the main features of the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K; that is the ability to overclock the processor. The only chipsets that support overclocking of the unlocked processors is the P67, Z68, and the Z77 chipsets. So while you can put that processor on one of those boards and it would work it will not be able to be overclocked at all. The B75 chipset is in same boat as the H61, H67, Q67 chipset which dont support overclocking.
First let me say that if you get any of these boards you won't be taking advantage of one of the main features of the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K; that is the ability to overclock the processor. The only chipsets that support overclocking of the unlocked processors is the P67, Z68, and the Z77 chipsets. So while you can put that processor on one of those boards and it would work it will not be able to be overclocked at all. The B75 chipset is in same boat as the H61, H67, Q67 chipset which dont support overclocking.

Solution

akhr

Honorable
May 11, 2012
So could you please suggest the names of the mother boards which have P67, Z68, or the Z77 chipsets??
I would also like to have a XFX HD-695X-ZNFC Radeon HD 6950 1 GB graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.