Sign in with
Your question

Get Past Supervisor Password

Last response: in Motherboards
May 30, 2012 4:12:29 PM

Hello,

My friend bought a Toshiba Tecra A11 from his school while he was studying there. He has recently passed away and his parents were trying to get in to his computer for legal reasons and then they wanted it formatted. They could not log in so they asked me to look at it.

First, it is Windows 7 Enterprise and appears to be connected to a domain, most likely the school's domain and of course it is looking to Active Directory. Obviously it has to be connected to the domain which apparently the schoolboard has already removed his account. So much for that.

So they wanted me to focus on formatting it so they could use it since it is only a year old and in great condition. When I try to get into the BIOS (F2) it simply restarts the machine. I found that by hitting "Insert" it asks for the 'Supervisor Password' which all of us have no idea what it could be, we have tried all his usual passwords and simply leaving it blank. I have torn apart the laptop and pulled out the CMOS battery and left it out for over an hour. That did not work, it still won't let me get into the BIOS.

Anyone dealt with this before and know how I get access the BIOS to change the boot order?

Thanks
August 17, 2012 1:24:47 PM

Nethriel12 said:
Hello,

My friend bought a Toshiba Tecra A11 from his school while he was studying there. He has recently passed away and his parents were trying to get in to his computer for legal reasons and then they wanted it formatted. They could not log in so they asked me to look at it.

First, it is Windows 7 Enterprise and appears to be connected to a domain, most likely the school's domain and of course it is looking to Active Directory. Obviously it has to be connected to the domain which apparently the schoolboard has already removed his account. So much for that.

So they wanted me to focus on formatting it so they could use it since it is only a year old and in great condition. When I try to get into the BIOS (F2) it simply restarts the machine. I found that by hitting "Insert" it asks for the 'Supervisor Password' which all of us have no idea what it could be, we have tried all his usual passwords and simply leaving it blank. I have torn apart the laptop and pulled out the CMOS battery and left it out for over an hour. That did not work, it still won't let me get into the BIOS.

Anyone dealt with this before and know how I get access the BIOS to change the boot order?

Thanks

hallo ,

have already solved this problem
m
l
October 31, 2012 10:51:54 PM

mimobos said:
hallo ,

have already solved this problem

How did you solve it?

I have the same problem :( 
m
l
Related resources
November 8, 2012 6:19:33 PM

I never ended up being able to get through it and of course nobody will help because they automatically think you stole the computer or something like that. Even though my friend was legitimately struck and killed by a drunk driver while on campus, I could supply a copy of the death certificate but obviously that would do nothing nor anyone would believe or care.

However, I found a way around the BIOS boot order issue.
I took my laptop and installed his HDD in it and proceeded to install Windows 7. At the point when it does its first reboot, I let it start up and then quickly shut the machine down before it could resume the install. I took the HDD out of my laptop and then put it in back into his. I put the Windows 7 install disc in his machine also and booted it up. It goes to the HDD and finishes the Windows install and a way you go.
m
l
December 22, 2012 3:26:55 PM

Nethriel12 said:
I never ended up being able to get through it and of course nobody will help because they automatically think you stole the computer or something like that. Even though my friend was legitimately struck and killed by a drunk driver while on campus, I could supply a copy of the death certificate but obviously that would do nothing nor anyone would believe or care.

However, I found a way around the BIOS boot order issue.
I took my laptop and installed his HDD in it and proceeded to install Windows 7. At the point when it does its first reboot, I let it start up and then quickly shut the machine down before it could resume the install. I took the HDD out of my laptop and then put it in back into his. I put the Windows 7 install disc in his machine also and booted it up. It goes to the HDD and finishes the Windows install and a way you go.

Thanks for your response. I never resolved the BIOS password issue, even after ringing Toshiba Technical support they wanted to charge me £130 for a password which had been factory set in error in my opinion, a bit like buying a car and finding you can't open the bonnet as its factory locked.

However like you I did manage to reinstal windows by removing the hard drive and putting it in another laptop, a bit messy but worked.
m
l
!