Coaxe cable

Tags:
  • Cable
  • Internet
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
August 31, 2010 3:29:39 AM

Hey guys,
there isn't really a place i can put this question but here it goes.

I have noticed that the cable that runs into my house that runs the TV, Internet and phone is running my 25mbps internet connections and watching HD tv and talking on the phone all at the same time. If this cable can carry this much information, why are there all these different kinds of cables? for example HDMI, RCA, Optical, Component... why are there all sorts of different cables when there is already one that can handle all the information being pushed through it? Is there a reason for this? why cant everything be the same as the cable coming through my wall?

More about : coaxe cable

August 31, 2010 9:56:06 AM

steadfast1984 said:
Hey guys,
there isn't really a place i can put this question but here it goes.

I have noticed that the cable that runs into my house that runs the TV, Internet and phone is running my 25mbps internet connections and watching HD tv and talking on the phone all at the same time. If this cable can carry this much information, why are there all these different kinds of cables? for example HDMI, RCA, Optical, Component... why are there all sorts of different cables when there is already one that can handle all the information being pushed through it? Is there a reason for this? why cant everything be the same as the cable coming through my wall?

In the absence of an informed reply, this old skeptic would say that you'd be asking an industry which isn't even sure it want to talk within itself and to each other, to unify on something we could all buy and keep for a few years, without having constantly to update our equipment.

DFat chance, i reckon.

m
l
!