usbgtx550

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I have a hp g60 laptop that is experiencing charging problems. About two weeks ago I would have to wiggle the charger around in odd positions for it to charge. Now it will not even do that. Is there an easy fix that isn't to costly or am I better off getting a new laptop(do not have the funds). Also if it is too costly to fix is there a charger that can plug in directly to the battery.

Solution
That power socket might be fairly simple to replace, for a technician. You should find one and ask ;) It's an older laptop and that could work to your advantage as a part might be scavenged even.

a-nano-moose

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
It sounds like the wires going into the plug are broken. If you have a dc voltmeter you can put one probe into the plug and the other to the outside of the plug to check voltage.
If you don't read any voltage you can go to radio shack and get a new end to solder on to the wires of the power supply. Make sure the polarity doesn't get changed! Look at the power supply to verify polarity. the plug should only cost you a few bucks.