Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard 3.3 V issue

Last response: in Motherboards
May 30, 2012 6:49:18 PM

Hi All

I've recently noticed on hardware monitor that my motherboards 3.3 V line is running particularly low, 2.4 V in fact. What are the likely causes of this line being so low?

I am sporting a Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875 W PSU with a ASUS Crosshair IV Formula motherboard so I have a hard time believing that this is caused by a poor quality PSU or poor quality Motherboard.

Any help or suggestions on this matter are greatly appreciated.

Skaps

More about : motherboard issue

May 30, 2012 7:15:20 PM

This is a strange one allright. Are you having any problems with the motherboard at all? Could be a faulty PSU, its definitly not a poor quality PSU however you do come across faulty products here and there. If your not experencing any problems in terms of performance or usage then it should be nothing to worry about. Personally i do not think the PSU is faulty, i think the hardware monitor maybe reading it incorrectly. Il have a look considering i have another PC with the same mobo and PSU. Il get back to you on it.
May 30, 2012 8:04:43 PM

I haven't experienced any issues that i am aware of. My computer is stable. I even have my Phenom II x2 unlocked to a x3 and clocked .4 ghz above stock.

I'm very interested to see what readings you get on your HW Monitors.

Thank you for your time
Related resources
May 30, 2012 8:32:06 PM

Okay thats strange im getting 2.8v. I dont use this pc often but have had no probs either. Im just thinking wether or not its got to do with CPU voltage or RAM voltage. Although i definitly would not have CPU voltage @ 2.8v so could be RAM voltage its reading but my RAM is at 2.3v but not 100% Sure. It cant be anything serious as both our readings should be at 3.32v and not having any issues. I might stress test this system as much as possible and see if any problems pop up. Il get back to you.
May 30, 2012 8:46:22 PM

I've only over clocked my computer last weekend, Therefore i have done a lot of prime 95 torture testing on my machine. I have had tests running for over 6 hours. I guess that is just more confirmation that it could just be one of those "Anomalies".

I'm going to take my board out after work and prod it with a multimeter. I'll let you know how that turns out.
May 31, 2012 7:15:48 AM

skaps said:
I've only over clocked my computer last weekend, Therefore i have done a lot of prime 95 torture testing on my machine. I have had tests running for over 6 hours. I guess that is just more confirmation that it could just be one of those "Anomalies".

I'm going to take my board out after work and prod it with a multimeter. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Have been running prime95 for 6 hours and havn't had a problem yet. Il run Intel Burn Test which should definitly find any problems with voltages on CPU or RAM.
May 31, 2012 4:59:57 PM

I've just finished testing my board with a multimeter. I can confirm that my hardware monitors are reading wrong. I have a voltage of 3.32ish along the 3.3v line.
May 31, 2012 6:21:00 PM

skaps said:
I've just finished testing my board with a multimeter. I can confirm that my hardware monitors are reading wrong. I have a voltage of 3.32ish along the 3.3v line.

Hmmm yea thats wierd. I thought HWM was a good program. Who knows could be a bug or it may not support the board but atleast its running at the correct voltage. Hope i helped.

If no one else replies be sure to select as best answer.
!