Game recommendations?

Now that we have our GBA-SP's, I need to get a fair sampling of games.
What I want are multiplayer games that are not hack and slash, low level of
hunt for crystals kind of thing and non-magic type games. Maybe even some
more 3D simulator games, like F-14 Tomcat.

We would really like a mech warrior kind of thing or a Civ or Age of
Empire like game.Maybe some text based adventures if they are not magic or
bloody.

Most important, but not mandatory, they should be multiplayer games for
the link cable.

Thanks for any help.

--
Sam-I-Am
Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind. -John F.

---
More about game recommendations

    On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 Sam <Sam@newnews.org> wrote:

    > Now that we have our GBA-SP's, I need to get a fair sampling of games.
    > What I want are multiplayer games that are not hack and slash, low level of
    > hunt for crystals kind of thing and non-magic type games. Maybe even some
    > more 3D simulator games, like F-14 Tomcat.
    >
    > We would really like a mech warrior kind of thing or a Civ or Age of
    > Empire like game.Maybe some text based adventures if they are not magic or
    > bloody.

    what's wrong with magic? :}

    "Advance Wars" is a great strategy game and probably as close to Age
    of Empires as you are likely to get on a GBA... it's not bloody, so
    no worries there

    "Warioware" is also a great all-rounder... simple but addictive

    --

    "I hear ma train a comin'
    .... hear freedom comin"

    Stimp mentioned in passing :

    > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 Sam <Sam@newnews.org> wrote:
    >>
    >> Now that we have our GBA-SP's, I need to get a fair sampling of
    >> games. What I want are multiplayer games that are not hack and
    >> slash, low level of hunt for crystals kind of thing and non-magic
    >> type games. Maybe even some more 3D simulator games, like F-14
    >> Tomcat.
    >>
    >> We would really like a mech warrior kind of thing or a Civ or
    >> Age of Empire like game.Maybe some text based adventures if they are
    >> not magic or bloody.
    >
    > what's wrong with magic? :}

    Just a little boring. We get too much so-called- magic from just about
    everything else in the world, TV, Books, friends with various card games...
    I just don't want to be the one who has to play multiplayer for hours in a
    motel room with a game that depends on using silly spells or crystals to
    open doors.

    I mean, I understand that given the limitations of a 2d map and sprites,
    there is only so much you can do, but why do most of the games seem to be
    exactly the same with different characters? Run around and try to find
    things. GAAHHH!

    I was disappointed that one of my favorite themes, "Thunderbirds" seem
    to be the same sort of thing. It claims to have some puzzle solving aspects,
    so maybe...

    > "Advance Wars" is a great strategy game and probably as close to Age
    > of Empires as you are likely to get on a GBA... it's not bloody, so
    > no worries there
    >
    > "Warioware" is also a great all-rounder... simple but addictive

    Thanks, I'll look for those... any other recommendations?

    --
    Sam-I-Am
    The willow knows what the storm does not: that the power to endure harm

    ---

    On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 Sam <Sam@newnews.org> wrote:

    > Thanks, I'll look for those... any other recommendations?

    Super Mario Bros games are also good... I remember finishing Super Mario
    Land on the Gameboy when it first came out (I was 10 then) and thought
    it was a classic.. so maybe yer son would be up for the modern remakes
    of those?

    "Super Monkey Ball" is a challenging take on 3d puzzles where you have
    to maneuver a monkey-containing-ball around a variety of 3d courses.
    It's addictive but difficult on HARD

    haven't really played many of the most recent games (apart from
    Warioware) so can't think of any others off-hand
    --

    "I hear ma train a comin'
    .... hear freedom comin"

    On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 Stimp <ren@spumco.com> wrote:
    > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 Sam <Sam@newnews.org> wrote:
    >>
    >> Thanks, I'll look for those... any other recommendations?

    doh! Sorry...forgot you wanted multiplayer games.. ignore last post!

    --

    "I hear ma train a comin'
    .... hear freedom comin"

    > Thanks, I'll look for those... any other recommendations?

    Get some good shooter. Get Doom 2 for example. Play co-op or
    deathmatch. No magic. Just some guns and monsters. And players.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Stimp wrote:
    > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 Sam <Sam@newnews.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Now that we have our GBA-SP's, I need to get a fair sampling of games.
    >>What I want are multiplayer games that are not hack and slash, low level of
    >>hunt for crystals kind of thing and non-magic type games. Maybe even some
    >>more 3D simulator games, like F-14 Tomcat.
    >>
    >> We would really like a mech warrior kind of thing or a Civ or Age of
    >>Empire like game.Maybe some text based adventures if they are not magic or
    >>bloody.
    >

    > what's wrong with magic? :}
    >
    > "Advance Wars" is a great strategy game and probably as close to Age
    > of Empires as you are likely to get on a GBA... it's not bloody, so
    > no worries there
    >
    > "Warioware" is also a great all-rounder... simple but addictive

    Another vote for Advance Wars. I can also recommend the Pokemon series
    (I'm 31 and will most certainly be playing with my daughter in another
    year or two).

    Also check out this list:
    http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/358/358050p1.html Multiplayer games
    that require only one cartridge. You can't go wrong with that.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Dupree mentioned in passing :

    > Also check out this list:
    > http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/358/358050p1.html Multiplayer games
    > that require only one cartridge. You can't go wrong with that.

    Whoa! that's what I was looking for! Thanks!

    --
    Sam-I-Am
    Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the

    ---

Console Gaming Multiplayer Games Video Games