Sign in with
Your question

Antec TruePower 650w has no PSU fan connector! Help!

Last response: in Components
September 10, 2011 1:20:23 PM

Hi,

I am currently building my first gaming computer and I have a problem. On my Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3 it has a 3-pin header for the "PWR_FAN" but my Antec TP-650 PSU doesn't have a 3-pin connector! I've looked everywhere and all I can find is a 4-pin connector (not molex). The motherboard does have a 4-pin header labelled "SYS_FAN1" however I think it's for case fan not a PSU fan? Maybe the PSU fan does not need a fan connector?

Help very much appreciated as I am stuck at this point and can not continue building xD
a c 243 ) Power supply
September 10, 2011 1:26:14 PM

The psu fan is controlled by the psu, hasn't been an RPM cable on an Antec since the TPT.
The PWR_Fan header on your board can be used for any 3 pin case fan.
m
l
September 10, 2011 1:39:11 PM

delluser1 said:
The psu fan is controlled by the psu, hasn't been an RPM cable on an Antec since the TPT.
The PWR_Fan header on your board can be used for any 3 pin case fan.

Thankyou!!!!!!! I was beginning to think that the 4-pin connector wasn't for the power supply fan and it didn't say it in the manual either so I assume it's the floppy connector or something else. Thanks! Now I can continue having a very hard time messing around and plugging in stiff modular cables with very little space but I'm sure I will get there soon! Oh and off-topic, I don't think I need to clear the CMOS on a brand new motherboard as it should be the factory default anyway?
m
l
a c 243 ) Power supply
September 10, 2011 1:43:20 PM

Unisykolist said:
Thankyou!!!!!!! I was beginning to think that the 4-pin connector wasn't for the power supply fan and it didn't say it in the manual either so I assume it's the floppy connector or something else. Thanks! Now I can continue having a very hard time messing around and plugging in stiff modular cables with very little space but I'm sure I will get there soon! Oh and off-topic, I don't think I need to clear the CMOS on a brand new motherboard as it should be the factory default anyway?

Correct on both counts
m
l
!