Antec TruePower 650w has no PSU fan connector! Help!

Hi,

I am currently building my first gaming computer and I have a problem. On my Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3 it has a 3-pin header for the "PWR_FAN" but my Antec TP-650 PSU doesn't have a 3-pin connector! I've looked everywhere and all I can find is a 4-pin connector (not molex). The motherboard does have a 4-pin header labelled "SYS_FAN1" however I think it's for case fan not a PSU fan? Maybe the PSU fan does not need a fan connector?

Help very much appreciated as I am stuck at this point and can not continue building xD
3 answers Last reply
More about antec truepower 650w connector help
  1. The psu fan is controlled by the psu, hasn't been an RPM cable on an Antec since the TPT.
    The PWR_Fan header on your board can be used for any 3 pin case fan.
  2. delluser1 said:
    The psu fan is controlled by the psu, hasn't been an RPM cable on an Antec since the TPT.
    The PWR_Fan header on your board can be used for any 3 pin case fan.

Thankyou!!!!!!! I was beginning to think that the 4-pin connector wasn't for the power supply fan and it didn't say it in the manual either so I assume it's the floppy connector or something else. Thanks! Now I can continue having a very hard time messing around and plugging in stiff modular cables with very little space but I'm sure I will get there soon! Oh and off-topic, I don't think I need to clear the CMOS on a brand new motherboard as it should be the factory default anyway?
  3. Unisykolist said:
    Thankyou!!!!!!! I was beginning to think that the 4-pin connector wasn't for the power supply fan and it didn't say it in the manual either so I assume it's the floppy connector or something else. Thanks! Now I can continue having a very hard time messing around and plugging in stiff modular cables with very little space but I'm sure I will get there soon! Oh and off-topic, I don't think I need to clear the CMOS on a brand new motherboard as it should be the factory default anyway?

Correct on both counts
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Fan Truepower Components