Monitor with no signal

njameso23

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Hey everyone, I'm trying to figure out an issue with one of my newer computers. I've recently did a factory reset with it, did fine for a week after, but now my monitor get a signal from the computer.

I've looked into the graphics card, replaced it with one of my older ones and the same issue occurs. I was looking into motherboard or power issues but it seems that everything is running fine save for the USB ports. My mouse isn't getting power for it's lighting so it may be related to that.

Has anyone had an issue like this before? Or maybe any ideas to look into?

Thanks in advance

martyn2691

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
happened to me recently....i ripped my rig to bits...it was the monitor...busted!!

have u tried to uninstall your USB devices and monitor from the device manager..then forcing a detection of new hardware...your system may repatch the generic drivers for both?

personally before doing this i would check for instances of overlapping drivers by doing this

http://www.go4expert.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4229

good luck..but dont be quick to condemn your PC..modern monitors can be a bit rubbish as i found

njameso23

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
It's currently a solid black screen. The monitor isn't the issue because it's been hooked up to at least 3 different ones with the same issue. On my current one it's just a black screen, so I can't even modify anything other than my hardware to try and fix it.

As for the beeping it's never done it, even now with the speakers plugged in. Gonna try a different PSU and see if it helps anything, but I don't feel like it will since everything is running the way it was before the issue.

Another thing to note is that there's nothing from the get-go, no BIOS or anything. I saw that all the fans run for a good few seconds, stop for another second, then just run continuously until I shut it off.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
if you don't get any video, ever, it's more likely than not it's a hardware issue, not an issue with drivers since you won't have any drivers before windows loads.

check the cord too, maybe it's damaged. wouldn't want you to get a new video card and find out it's your VGA cord.

if your fans run, then stop , then run continuously, i'd say you might have an issue with a component other than your video card/onboard video. check to make sure your RAM is seated possibly and swap it out if possible, they could have crept out (maybe). Less likely the chip moved but test that if you can as well.