Z77 extreme 4 error A2 & A6

blackburn72419

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Hello, This is my first time building a computer so hopefully this is something easy to fix. When I first boot up the computer the error code A2 comes up, but when I hit delete and enter the UEFI screen the error code A6 comes up
a2 = IDE detect
a6= SCSI detect

Im not quite sure what either of these mean to be honest, Ive been looking around a lot and this doesnt seem to be a very big problem as there isnt much around on it. I have tried reseating the graphics card, taking ram in and out, setting HDD and SDD to the correct settings. trying different ports for the HDD and SDD. Im not sure what else to try if anyone can help me out that'd be greatly appreciated.

mikelp

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
I know it may be late but I’m replying in hopes to help anybody else with this issue. I had the same problem and was able to solve it.

The new “build”Scenario:

After a clean install of Windows 7 and upgrading to Windows 8 using on board graphics (updated drivers, latest bios, etc.), I had no problems what so ever until I installed my 480GTX..

The problem:

When booting Windows 8 would crash and detect a problem after screen post the “touch screen” desktop. It would then freeze. I even tried to set the PCI-E as priority for graphics in bios. When I removed the card and placed everything back to on the onboard GPU everything worked fine again. I even tried my old 8800GTS…..same problem.

The fix:

Uninstall the driver “Lucid Virtu MVP Ver:2.1.119” or don’t install the driver at all while installing other drivers, reboot. It worked for me and was able to use my 480GTX. It did help my 8800GTS (even with Nvidia driver) but I believe the card was going bad in the first place. I did not try to reinstall after everything worked properly.

I hope this helps.

The Build:

PSU…Corsair 650
CPU…2700k (mild 4.2 overclock)
Heatsink…Corsiar H100
Motherboard…Asrock extreme 4 Z77
SSD…OCZ Vertex 3 120
HD…Seagate 3TB 7200
Case…Antec 900 with mod to mount H100 on top of case.
GPU…GTX 480

OJames02

Honorable
May 28, 2013

Hi everyone, I have a ASRock Fatality Z77 Professional -M, with a i5 3570K, GSkill Ripjaws X 4GB x 2 1866Mhz, GTX 460 Video Card, my PC its working well, but sometimes when i turn on again Suddenly i got 5 beeps and the PC dont start. I put off the mem´s and put it back again and it works, but it happen a lot of times, please anyone can help??