Sign in with
Your question

New gaming build

Last response: in Systems
June 15, 2011 8:58:04 PM

How does this build look? I already got a SSD and a HDD. But would this setup work for gaming? Is there something i should change? And which one of those two builds should i go with, who will perform better at gaming, and will there be a huge noticable difference between them?

Intel Core™ i5 Quad Processor i5-2500K

ASUS P8Z68-V, Socket-1155 (Z68)

MSI GeForce GTX 570 1280MB PhysX ( TWIN FROZR II) |vs| Gainward GeForce GTX 570 1280MB PhysX

Cooler Master GX 650W PSU

2x Corsair Vengeance™ DDR3 1600MHz 4GB CL9

-----vs-----

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition (Already got a good fan for AM3)

ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3, Socket-AM3

MSI GeForce GTX 570 1280MB PhysX ( TWIN FROZR II) |vs| Gainward GeForce GTX 570 1280MB PhysX

Cooler Master GX 650W PSU

2x Corsair Vengeance™ DDR3 1600MHz 4GB CL9

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So is there anything i should change and replace? As i mentioned i already have a Cpu-Fan for the AMD CPU

More about : gaming build

June 15, 2011 9:10:57 PM

1. the intel CPU whacks the AMD one when it comes to gaming (and basically everything else that isn't threaded in 6 cores (very rare)). the intel performs on par with the 1000$ i7-990X when it comes to gaming so you would notice a big difference between using the 1100T and the 2500K.

2. the MSI card is the better of the gtx 570s that you listed. it has a very good cooler and msi is a more reputable brand than Gainward.

3. i'd up the power supply. if, at any point in the future you plan to use two GTX 570s in SLI, then that PSU would be pushed to its limit and you don't want that. I'd recommend a Corsair or Antec 750W PSU. Remember when buying PSUs to look for the amerage (e.g. 50A) on the 12V rail. this rail supplies power to virtually your whole PC; if you multiply the amperage by 12, you get the wattag eon the 12 volt rail, which is essentially the useful wattage, cheap PSUs will put extras power on others rails and you don't want that.

the rest looks good. if you plan on overclocking the intel (they overclock very well), you'll need an aftermarket cooler: for good price/ performance i'd recommend the coolermaster hyper 212+(25-35$) or the scythe mugen 2 rev. B (35-40$). the mugen 2 is slightly better.

should be a solid build!
a b 4 Gaming
June 15, 2011 9:37:49 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
Related resources
June 16, 2011 6:46:48 AM

reignsupreme11 said:
1. the intel CPU whacks the AMD one when it comes to gaming (and basically everything else that isn't threaded in 6 cores (very rare)). the intel performs on par with the 1000$ i7-990X when it comes to gaming so you would notice a big difference between using the 1100T and the 2500K.

2. the MSI card is the better of the gtx 570s that you listed. it has a very good cooler and msi is a more reputable brand than Gainward.

3. i'd up the power supply. if, at any point in the future you plan to use two GTX 570s in SLI, then that PSU would be pushed to its limit and you don't want that. I'd recommend a Corsair or Antec 750W PSU. Remember when buying PSUs to look for the amerage (e.g. 50A) on the 12V rail. this rail supplies power to virtually your whole PC; if you multiply the amperage by 12, you get the wattag eon the 12 volt rail, which is essentially the useful wattage, cheap PSUs will put extras power on others rails and you don't want that.

the rest looks good. if you plan on overclocking the intel (they overclock very well), you'll need an aftermarket cooler: for good price/ performance i'd recommend the coolermaster hyper 212+(25-35$) or the scythe mugen 2 rev. B (35-40$). the mugen 2 is slightly better.

should be a solid build!

I'm not planning on running 2x 570s in SLI, so if i stick with the 650w not running SLI i should be fine right?

What about the RAM are those good? I'm pretty sure they will do fine for me but i have to ask anyways ^^
!