Closed Solved

CPU Fan Error

I recently bought the Asus P8z77 Deluxe board. I have it paired with the INtel core i7 -3770 LGA 1155. I have already updated it to the newest bios and have a fresh windows on my hdd for it. Now, I have a aftermarket cooler that is thje Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo cooler. When I start the computer is goes sctright to bios. The bios says there is a CPU Fan Error everytime. I have moved the fan to the cpu pt place, and various other places and still has the same error.

Also I am conserned that the cpu may be running a little on the hot side. Around 74 F. Is that high? I know for sure the CPU fan was a bit on the tight side.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about error
  1. make sure the fan is installed properly
  2. You talking about the connection or how it was assembled?
  3. see page 2-24 of your motherboard user manual cpu fan connector is the second from the top and the fan blades should move freely so check if something not restrain it from turning
  4. Best answer
    This seems to be a common problem on Asus boards running the EVO. From a cold state, it appears the fan doesn't spin up quick enough before hitting the bios - at which point it's rejected for being below the default minimum 600 RPM.

Change the CPU fan minimum value to 400.

Edit: As for the temps, 74F is only 23C which is good.
  5. Wow, awesome thread, I have actually had the same problem with my EVO and ASUS board. Thanks for the info folks!
  6. I feel so dumb. You have to read it as Celcius.........Thank you all.
  7. Best answer selected by cdb8457.
  8. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards BIOS CPUs