CPU Fan Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdb8457

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
I recently bought the Asus P8z77 Deluxe board. I have it paired with the INtel core i7 -3770 LGA 1155. I have already updated it to the newest bios and have a fresh windows on my hdd for it. Now, I have a aftermarket cooler that is thje Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo cooler. When I start the computer is goes sctright to bios. The bios says there is a CPU Fan Error everytime. I have moved the fan to the cpu pt place, and various other places and still has the same error.

Also I am conserned that the cpu may be running a little on the hot side. Around 74 F. Is that high? I know for sure the CPU fan was a bit on the tight side.

Solution
This seems to be a common problem on Asus boards running the EVO. From a cold state, it appears the fan doesn't spin up quick enough before hitting the bios - at which point it's rejected for being below the default minimum 600 RPM.

Change the CPU fan minimum value to 400.

Edit: As for the temps, 74F is only 23C which is good.

pdxalex

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
This seems to be a common problem on Asus boards running the EVO. From a cold state, it appears the fan doesn't spin up quick enough before hitting the bios - at which point it's rejected for being below the default minimum 600 RPM.

Change the CPU fan minimum value to 400.

Edit: As for the temps, 74F is only 23C which is good.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.