Crysis 2 multiplayer crash causes system problems

synkid88

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
I have recently started playing Crysis 2 online and every once in a while it crashes. The game play will skip a few times and then freeze up. I am able to open the task manager and see that it isn't responding, then close it. At first I thought it was just a Steam issue, but now I am starting to think it has something to do with my system. After I close Crysis 2, everything else I do is messed up. Firefox freezes and doesn't load correctly (funny colors, black areas, etc.); same with iTunes, WMP, and any other programs I run. I can open up my computer and search through my hard drives fine, but anything involving a running program seems to have issues. Upon restart, the system is running fine. I have an XFX HD 6870 BE GPU and a custom fan profile using MSI Afterburner. My GPU maxes out around 71-72*C with this profile.
Any Ideas?
-Synkid

synkid88

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
The only other steam game I play right now is CounterStrike Source, and I have not had any problems with it. Starcraft II seems to be doing some of the same things that Crysis2 was doing. It has only done it when playing a certain map in multiplayer but causes issues with iTunes after it crashes. I just lowered my CPU OC to 3.8 instead of 4 and I'll try lowering some of the graphic properties and see if that helps.
Anyone have any other ideas?
-Synkid

faizanshakyboy

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
i followed this technique to fix Crysis 2 crashes
Go to Drive Name: \Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2 folder (Drive Name: the partition where game is installed, mostly replace it with C)
Find and Open in Notepad file system.cfg
Change the last line “g_language = your language” to “g_language = English”.
You have changed language to English.
Ref: http://backspacetab.com/2011/05/05/crysis-2-crashes/